Did I miss something? CG's show on 790

bizzybee

Damn Good Rat
only E-MAILS ?? No call-in show?? Man, is he afraid of something? Unheard of.

Didn't they do away with the call-in show sometime last year? If I remember correctly it was due to people like the Buzzoffers calling in only to complain about Gailey himself. What substance can you get from that?

Wonder if anyone has any real info on coaches who don't have call ins on their show?

I remember Ross did not have call ins in his 2nd or 3rd year, but for only that one year if I remember correctly.

Don't know who would be responsible for this policy, but it really is sorry, regardless of who the coach is.

The call in show stopped a while back because of angry people calling in complaining. It got to the point where it was pathetic to listen to some of those people.

Yup. I'm glad they don't take call ins anymore. It got seriously lame.

I miss being able to call in. Used to do it during 02' and 03' and would ask about certain individuals/playing time etc...

I'll never forget, I was on the road headed to Augusta for work in 03(?), i think it was 03. Anyway, I decided to call CCG and ask him who was going to be returning punts for us that Saturday against UNC...

Coach answers quickly, says "Reuben Houston" and for someone reason I just hung up the phone...not out of disrespect or anything....I just did it. I was trying to talk/listen to the show all at the same time I guess and probably sounded like a dick. Could hear Wes Durham say: "well, I guess that's all he wanted."

Who knew my question would hold such "significance" as Reuben Houston procedes to give away our 6-0 lead @ UNC on a botched punt return INSIDE THE TEN. Man, I'll never forget that feeling while listening to Wes Durham call the game. :eek: Wasn't on TV.

We ended up getting "smoked" and it all started with Reuben Houston.

They stopped doing it well before this year because of the lack of calls, the same callers calling every week, and the lack of good questions.

Heck...even our own GT Hotel and Conf Center kicked the show out when it was at lunch because the crowd was not big enough and it took away from their lunch crowd (so I heard anyway).

Some coach shows take callers...some do not. Many are 30 minutes instead of half an hour.

...and as Buzzfan pointed out....Charlie Weis does not even show up for his own show often times.

Nothihg to see here guys...move to another topic.

Many are 30 minutes instead of half an hour.

Sorry, red...couldn't let this one slide. ;-)

When Weis IS "on" the ND radio show, it's usually a pre-recorded 4-6 minute interview with one of the hosts (Nolan?)

I miss being able to call in. Used to do it during 02' and 03' and would ask about certain individuals/playing time etc...

I'll never forget, I was on the road headed to Augusta for work in 03(?), i think it was 03. Anyway, I decided to call CCG and ask him who was going to be returning punts for us that Saturday against UNC...

Coach answers quickly, says "Reuben Houston" and for someone reason I just hung up the phone...not out of disrespect or anything....I just did it. I was trying to talk/listen to the show all at the same time I guess and probably sounded like a dick. Could hear Wes Durham say: "well, I guess that's all he wanted."

Who knew my question would hold such "significance" as Reuben Houston procedes to give away our 6-0 lead @ UNC on a botched punt return INSIDE THE TEN. Man, I'll never forget that feeling while listening to Wes Durham call the game. :eek: Wasn't on TV.

We ended up getting "smoked" and it all started with Reuben Houston.
And then he gets busted for carrying 100 pounds of weed. Nice question.

They stopped doing it well before this year because of the lack of calls, the same callers calling every week, and the lack of good questions.
Anyone know if they've lifted Tony From Smyrna's suicide watch yet?

I think, though, that when they do the shows from the Fox Sports Grill, fans have the ability to ask questions and interact.

This likely weeds out some of the angry fans as it's more "work" to actually go down there and stand up in front of a crowd.

Back