did we redshirt players who ARE better than the those that played?

law_bee

Dodd-Like
I have heard a few say that our redshirts this year were better than some of those that played. This is probably more true towards the end of the season, but it is food for thought.

if this 6 win team would have been 10% better HOW MANY MORE WINS COULD WE HAVE HAD?

this could be bad news for the Gailey Haters

Often times some of your best recruits get redshirted if there isnt an immediate need at a certain position..Im thinking of Grant at RB and Roberson at Safety..I look forward to seing those 2 next year....

i don't think we red shirted anyone who is better than those who played.

for one, we redshirted very few players and played almost the entire class.

no one in our OL who was red shirted is better than anyone who played.

reshaun grant was red shirted and he was not better than PJ in grant's red shirt year.

newberry tore his ACL and we were forced to RS him. with an ACL tear, he couldn't be better than anyone who played.

i can't think of anyone who was red shirted and was better than someone who played. Gailey plays the best player in the team at every position.

that being said, i'm really looking forward to see how our RS OL have come along, how Newberry has come along as well as Grant.

My understanding is that by the time Grant showed that he was a force in practice it was late enough in the season that it would've been silly to play him. I think he is the guy people are talking about for the most part.

I disagree about Newberry. Coaches may have seen that he was our best DT based on the weeks we had him, and that he was better even than our DTs are now. Of course the recovery has to make him a wildcard at best.

As hard as it is to fathom, the only other positions where it is possible (IMHO) that we redshirted guys that are better is LB and Safety. That would be awesome news.

I took that to mean that there were redshirted freshman that were better than freshman that played. Injury, early lack of success, not physically strong enough, are all reasons, none negative, that kids could be redshirted.

My guess is they were referring to Grant, Newberry, Dunlap, and Parker. Fun guessing, I, er, um, guess.

Back