DJ in the student section

Being the guy that picks the music that is played over the P.A. has got to be the worst job in the world. Nobody's ever happy. I thought they did fine, trying to mix up different stuff from different eras. Some relatively contemporary hip hop, some older hits, etc. It's a seriously thankless job.
That's why we need to completely forget about picking out music that appeals to the most while offending the least and instead be cutting edge. Hire the DJ at Magic City or any other Atlanta strip club and let them do their thing in selecting whatever underground and up-and-coming music Atlanta has out there. That's what strip club DJs are known for and we should associate ourselves with that. Also we should incorporate this into a redesign of the upper north with a party deck, complete with a bar and a couple of poles where we could toss some Money Down cash at some hired help.

That's why we need to completely forget about picking out music that appeals to the most while offending the least and instead be cutting edge. Hire the DJ at Magic City or any other Atlanta strip club and let them do their thing in selecting whatever underground and up-and-coming music Atlanta has out there. That's what strip club DJs are known for and we should associate ourselves with that. Also we should incorporate this into a redesign of the upper north with a party deck, complete with a bar and a couple of poles where we could toss some Money Down cash at some hired help.
We should stop trying to please a lot of people and just please a tiny slice of people? What's the rationale for that?

I actually like a lot of new music. But pleasing just me is hardly the AA's task.

We should stop trying to please a lot of people and just please a tiny slice of people? What's the rationale for that?

I actually like a lot of new music. But pleasing just me is hardly the AA's task.
That's my (tongue-in-cheek) point. I'd go all in on the "impress the 17 year old athletic male" marketing strategy and try to make the game day experience all about that demographic. All about recruiting and creating a party atmosphere. Of course we ain't getting strippers, but playing tunes kids hear on their social media instead of 90s era rap their parents listen to on CDs would go a long way in changing the image of Georgia Tech. (Assuming you want to change that image.)

That's my (tongue-in-cheek) point. I'd go all in on the "impress the 17 year old athletic male" marketing strategy and try to make the game day experience all about that demographic. All about recruiting and creating a party atmosphere. Of course we ain't getting strippers, but playing tunes kids hear on their social media instead of 90s era rap their parents listen to on CDs would go a long way in changing the image of Georgia Tech. (Assuming you want to change that image.)
Kids also like to play in front of packed houses and excited crowds. A friend sitting behind me was complaining about the rap being played all day today. (I kinda liked it.)

It's complex, administering a football program, satisfying many different constituencies. There's a reason coaches get paid so much. We expect a lot!

Just win

Do winning programs' fans bitch a lot about their DJs?

Just win

Do winning programs' fans bitch a lot about their DJs?
Yes, they do. In fact pretty much all fans bitch, even Alabama fans. No one is content in contemporary American society it seems.

Being the guy that picks the music that is played over the P.A. has got to be the worst job in the world. Nobody's ever happy. I thought they did fine, trying to mix up different stuff from different eras. Some relatively contemporary hip hop, some older hits, etc. It's a seriously thankless job.

It’s really not that hard. You could hire an average wedding DJ to do better and be more “multiple” as Thatcher would say. I don’t remember the PA announcer and music being this bad and repetitive in years past. Get ready to sing living on a prayer next week since we got sweet caroline today. Let’s put on for the city.

It’s really not that hard. You could hire an average wedding DJ to do better and be more “multiple” as Thatcher would say. I don’t remember the PA announcer and music being this bad and repetitive in years past. Get ready to sing living on a prayer next week since we got sweet caroline today. Let’s put on for the city.
Sheesh – the Electric Slide and the Macarena and Oh What a Night?

I'd say what we've got is roughly the quality of your typical wedding DJ.

I just remembered the worst of the DJ yesterday. When they gashed us on the big play down to the goal line, he played “This is How We Do It”.

I just remembered the worst of the DJ yesterday. When they gashed us on the big play down to the goal line, he played “This is How We Do It”.

Yeah that WAS bad. Rather liked the music. 46 y/o so....just HATE that it seems to come at another expense of our Band. Seems like there could/should be more balance

is the DJ still that fat bitch from UGA? she needs to walk her piggly ass 1000 miles just to see you tonight.

Gotta get it right this weekend
Which part? 404 tailgate disaster? Not running out behind the Wreck? The Wreck driving across the field and parking instead of taking its normal lap of the field? The new, cheap, ultra thin, large collector cups that are no longer worth collecting? The weird DJ music? Having a kicker nearly kick a FG attempt into the west stands? Twisted Taco not having tacos before the game? Having a non functioning microphone for "What's the good word?"? Even the water units barely able to keep pace with demand?

Which part? 404 tailgate disaster? Not running out behind the Wreck? The Wreck driving across the field and parking instead of taking its normal lap of the field? The new, cheap, ultra thin, large collector cups that are no longer worth collecting? The weird DJ music? Having a kicker nearly kick a FG attempt into the west stands? Twisted Taco not having tacos before the game? Having a non functioning microphone for "What's the good word?"? Even the water units barely able to keep pace with demand?
I think mainly just the winning part

Back