Do I stay or do I Go?

RussianOffense

НЕТ ВОЙНЕ
All these are really good returns

Some people were saying in the past that they didn't want any of our seniors to return. Anyone who thinks we'd be better off with an open spot than Carpenter, Cooper, or Johnson--WRONG. These are known good players. The rate at which most recruits are major contributors is only like 50%. Then good players and starters less than that.

Techbert

Dodd-Like
All these are really good returns

Some people were saying in the past that they didn't want any of our seniors to return. Anyone who thinks we'd be better off with an open spot than Carpenter, Cooper, or Johnson--WRONG. These are known good players. The rate at which most recruits are major contributors is only like 50%. Then good players and starters less than that.
I know I did not expect Johnson back, and did not count on him, but that is different than wanting him gone. Most Geoff fans bemoan the lack of quality seniors on the team, not wanting zero.

Johnson acolytes tend to bee way too sensitive and misinterpret plain words.

gtchief

Not Wrong, Just An A******
I know I did not expect Johnson back, and did not count on him, but that is different than wanting him gone. Most Geoff fans bemoan the lack of quality seniors on the team, not wanting zero.

Johnson acolytes tend to bee way too sensitive and misinterpret plain words.
In this case it isn't exaggerated, there were a couple behaving as he described in the thread he started a couple weeks ago.

jts1207

Memes posted are not fact checked for accuracy
I don't agree with the seniors returning. Sure it doesn't hurt scholarship count but it does hurt development of those kids spots they are playing in.

Architorture23

If ur players know u luv them, then u already won.
It is true they could be taking reps away from someone else so there is a trade off. But so far the guys staying are at good spots imo. Can not have too many OL, period.

I'd guess there are at least some guys who the coaches would not let stay or would at least push them towards moving on to keep them from taking away reps.

79tech

Damn Good Rat
I don't agree with the seniors returning. Sure it doesn't hurt scholarship count but it does hurt development of those kids spots they are playing in.
I want the best team we can have - if the returners are better than the kids then I want them back, if not then let the kids play. Development would be winning more games.

Chattanooga Jacket

Damn Good Rat
I want the best team we can have - if the returners are better than the kids then I want them back, if not then let the kids play. Development would be winning more games.
Plus, Collins wants to win more games now, not two years from now. We all want more wins next year.