Do we have two head coaches until Dec 26?

Agreed but the part I liked the most is something nobody has mentioned yet.
He talked about how fans were going to love watching how fun practice is. Which means we can once attend practices. Yeah, baby! :ughdance:
Not a big fan of this unless we can be sure who is really a fan. Remember how the dwags knew our TD play in 2016? Yeah, a high school coach ratted us out.

Not a big fan of this unless we can be sure who is really a fan. Remember how the dwags knew our TD play in 2016? Yeah, a high school coach ratted us out.
Bah. I used to go to practices when O'Leary was here and Gailey was here. They only opened practices up for the first few weeks and closed them when games started approaching.

The high school coach you alluded to was at a closed practice but Johnson had allowed them to be there because they were with recruits.

Bah. I used to go to practices when O'Leary was here and Gailey was here. They only opened practices up for the first few weeks and closed them when games started approaching.

The high school coach you alluded to was at a closed practice but Johnson had allowed them to be there because they were with recruits.
I went to a practice during the Gailey era one very hot August day and they went two and a half hours straight without any breaks. It was brutal hot out there.
When PJ was in the Boro, he had one closed practice. One.
The week of the Georgia game.
every other practice was wide open and it was a helluva lot fun. The sideline mafia kept things under control for PJ. They didn't cotton to outsiders or anybody who looked out of place. PJ never had to worry about that stuff. The fans in attendance took care of that for him.
I liked it because there were a few times when it was just me and PJ BS'ing for the first 8-9 periods of practice. But those were group and indo times. Once it got to team stuff, he'd go, I gotta go coach - you sticking around?

I was thinking about this earlier. We are really in a very lucky position. You can lose a coach through firing, getting hired away, or by retirement. This has to be the way that will keep the most momentum and Goodwill with the program and should help facilitate a smoother transition .
CPJ did this in a way that helped GT on its next step. No drama just passed the torch.
I imagine... "Stan I want to retire. Make me an offer."

Is there a source for this? I haven't heard this story.
It was commented on after the game iirc. If anything, the defense being preoccupied with where Thomas went helped with the play and helped Qua score. Perhaps CPJ was playing 4D chess with UGAg.

Is there a source for this? I haven't heard this story.
Kirby mentioned after the game they had practiced all week for that play, which doesn't make sense unless he was told about it because it was a play we hadn't run all season, if ever.

Kirby mentioned after the game they had practiced all week for that play, which doesn't make sense unless he was told about it because it was a play we hadn't run all season, if ever.
And he overthunk it. If they hadn't known about the play, we probably throw a wobbly incomplete pass instead of having Searcy juke and dive into the endzone. Thanks Kirby. Nice haircut

Back