Do you think the Falcons would even talk to Chan?

kirbee

Jolly Good Fellow
Just curious. Mort made some comments that he may be considered by some teams and there he is right under their nose.

No way at this point...

A. he has only been at GT for 2 short years...although i feel 2 to 3 more years here he could be a big winner....He has just not been here long enough nd had the success to warrant a look..

B. He has DEEP DEEP ties to Dan Reeves and it this would virtually eliminate him...

I posted a week or so back that This (The firing of Reeves) happened at the best time for GT...If it happened 2 to 3 years from now With Reeves retiring ...By then Gailey would have probably had us Back to National prominence and had great success here and we would have stood a chance of losing him...The Falcons job i believe is the ONLY one he would even consider..He wants to stay in this State and retire...

I think the great thing for GT fans is that this New Coach hire with the Falcons has a Great chance of working out...i mean an Avg. Coach WILL succeed with the Falcons with a HEALTHY Michael Vick....Reeves would still be here if Vick had not gone down....imho...

Don't think you'd see Gailey or Richt at the Falcons. That might make some fans of either team ill and that isn't what the Falcons need right now.

I still think Friedgen would be a good choice!!!!

And for GT fans we would have one of our own....Now that Rankin doesn't own the team anymore i dont think being a coach at GT would bother Blank...The Smith Family were HUGE ugag fans...They interviewed Ross before they hired Reeves and He didnt really have a chance with the Smith's....

I believe Blank to be a shrewd businessman that will try and hire the BEST available coach....

Personally, I don't think they'd be interested nor do I think CG is interested in the pro's again.

As for the Falcons, look for Mike Holmgren (and now Dave Wannstadt) to become candidates in about 3 weeks.

Back