Does anyone care that Newberg says our

bizzybee

Damn Good Rat
recruiting not even competitive with other ACC schools? Does anyone care if DB's concern about graduation rates ends up relegating us to bottom of ACC in a couple of yrs?

Yep, very much. What can we do? I dont know. I dont think Gailey knows what it takes to win at the college level. I dont think he will figure it out until he has destroyed our program.

Price Memorial

PM, what or who carries the most weight or influence? If big $$$ donors get mad enough would that do it? If season ticket holders started turning in their tickets in great lots, that might help.

What I am trying to say is I am afraid this trend will continue unless drastic measures are taken.

Admin. should come down hard on coaches for allowing players to stomp on G. They should be threatened with firing or dock salaries. It is scary that Clough, DB, etc. may permit this kind of performance to continue.

We've got to take a look at what kind of recruits Gailey brings into the program. Right now, with only 5 known committments, it's real easy to say we're behind several other ACC teams in recruitment. The 5 knowns are certainly div 1a prospects. What will the other 20 be like?
If Gailey botches this massive class, that we really need, then it will be 3-4 yrs before full recovery takes place. If he continues to get quality players in here, we'll be OK. Let's see what he does in Feb.

Originally posted by GT Ace:
We've got to take a look at what kind of recruits Gailey brings into the program. Right now, with only 5 known committments, it's real easy to say we're behind several other ACC teams in recruitment. The 5 knowns are certainly div 1a prospects. What will the other 20 be like?
If Gailey botches this massive class, that we really need, then it will be 3-4 yrs before full recovery takes place. If he continues to get quality players in here, we'll be OK. Let's see what he does in Feb.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">I think the Jamie Newberg's of the world have some idea what the other 20 will be like. Recruits usually don't magically comit to schools. Generally, they camp at the schools that the are interested in and then take official and unofficial visits. Based on this, they tell the 'guru's' who thier favorites are. It is obvious that we are getting killed in recruiting this year.

Originally posted by bizzybee:
recruiting not even competitive with other ACC schools? Does anyone care if DB's concern about graduation rates ends up relegating us to bottom of ACC in a couple of yrs?
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">I don't know if it is Braine or Clough but the focus on grad rates will kill our football program. What makes this even worse is that they both lied about it on a recent call in show.

Paul Hewitt had to play with Cremins' players. Now he has his own type of players and look where Tech bball is headed. Let Chan recruit his type of players.

Originally posted by goldmember:
I don't know if it is Braine or Clough but the focus on grad rates will kill our football program. What makes this even worse is that they both lied about it on a recent call in show.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">lied about what? saying that graduation is going to be important?

Paul Hewitt had to play with Cremins' players. Now he has his own type of players and look where Tech bball is headed. Let Chan recruit his type of players.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">theres a difference there....Hewitts first "real" class was made up of players in the top 100....this past years class had a McDonalds AA and a boderline McDonalds AA...

I follow recruiting and I can see what Newburg is talking about...many of the players we are recruiting dont have big time offers from other schools....like the OL from Ohio we just got....

Originally posted by jimbobGT:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Originally posted by goldmember:
I don't know if it is Braine or Clough but the focus on grad rates will kill our football program. What makes this even worse is that they both lied about it on a recent call in show.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">lied about what? saying that graduation is going to be important?</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">On a football pregame call in show they both said that the admision standards for SA had not changed. They both obviously lied.

Originally posted by goldmember:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Originally posted by GT Ace:
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">I think the Jamie Newberg's of the world have some idea what the other 20 will be like. Recruits usually don't magically comit to schools. Generally, they camp at the schools that the are interested in and then take official and unofficial visits. Based on this, they tell the 'guru's' who thier favorites are. It is obvious that we are getting killed in recruiting this year.</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">I don't agree with that at all. jamie newberg is not GOD and the fact of the matter that chan has said he don't put much stock in those recruiting services may have made jamie newberg mad.I think we have some good recruits in our program. The problem i see is we need to get a lot bigger on the OL and the DT position.Personally i have seen some of these recruits that they are rating so high and i just dont't see it .

Did Wake Forest have good recruits when they came in here and slapped us around?

Was Maryland's players really better than ours when they beat us like a drum?

Has F$U/UF recruiting slipped and that is why they have so MANY losses?

COACHING, COACHING, AND COACHING

I would rather have a good coach and play with GA Southern players than great players and a lousy coach.

If we solve our coaching issues we will be ok. If we dont we will SUCK until we do.

Back