Does GT need a new QB coach?

Here's what is so stupid about this kind of discussion to me. We are basically arguing about whether BOB is as good a coach as Ralph. Well you know what?? HE ISN'T. But then again I would argue that there aren't many who are, maybe none on the college level (that's probably going too far but not by much IMO).

Look at how many years Fridge has on BOB and the number of places he has coached. There is absolutely no way a man with BOBs experience can match the Fridge given what he has done and knows. That said, however I think BOB is a very good coach. If he wasn't, he wouldn't have had the number of interviews he had last year. Nor would Ralph think as highly of him as he does.

The simple fact is that we have a relatively young coach coping with growing pains, his own and his QBs. Gailey seems to be helping him but we still have a QB issue to settle. Whether it gets done of not will have a lot to do with his future success, not just here but in coaching in general.

Personally, I hope he stays and continues to grow as a coach. But if he chooses to leave, I wish him well and am confident Chan will find a good replacement.

Back