Does Rev. Richt have "TMJ"?

Originally posted by GTTerrific:
Nothing wrong with giving God glory. That doesn't imply to me that God favors one team or anyone over another.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">I guess it depends on your own personal views, I don't see how the Auburn football game brought any glory to God but maybe it is just me. Would the glory of been less if Johnson doesn't make that catch?

Originally posted by goldmember:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Originally posted by GTTerrific:
Nothing wrong with giving God glory. That doesn't imply to me that God favors one team or anyone over another.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">I guess it depends on your own personal views, I don't see how the Auburn football game brought any glory to God but maybe it is just me. Would the glory of been less if Johnson doesn't make that catch?</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">I think what Richt was saying was that his successes can be attributed to his faith. While sometimes Christians may fall short we believe that our faith makes us better people. I know the logic is circular, however it is what we believe.

Originally posted by law_bee:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Originally posted by goldmember:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Originally posted by GTTerrific:
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">I guess it depends on your own personal views, I don't see how the Auburn football game brought any glory to God but maybe it is just me. Would the glory of been less if Johnson doesn't make that catch?</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">I think what Richt was saying was that his successes can be attributed to his faith. While sometimes Christians may fall short we believe that our faith makes us better people. I know the logic is circular, however it is what we believe.</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Did the Auburn coaches, team, or fans not have any faith? Should my software company give glory to God when we sign a new contract over a competetor ? I will shut up about it but it seems silly to imply God was involved (whowever indirectly) in the outcome of a football game which is both trivial and involves a winner and loser. I am no theologian (I probably didn't even spell it correctly) but this seems like the old pagan concept of tribal gods i.e. there is a UGA god and an Auburn god.

Some "play" it others don't. I remember Evander's press conference immediately after his first win over Tyson where he answered every dadblamed question with "I just want to give thanks to my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ." Not a thing wrong with it but it WAS strange. Of course, if I'd just survived an encounter with "the beast" I'd probably be saying and doing similarly.

You have to remember that MR IS a religious man and most likely is involved with a lot of religious groups/churches/supporters, etc., and it's probably a pretty natural response for him. Some folks walk a little closer to the Lord than others. I doubt it ends when he walks off the football field.

If your software company was on national tv and you believe the reason for your success was your faith then it would be ok for you to say that.

I got one for you. Ray Goff is ALSO a very religious man and he did not have success. We, Christians, would say this was God's will and he has now started a very successful chicken franchise (zaxby's).

The agnostic/athiestic lawyers in my office get very discouraged dealing with me because if something good happens it is because we are blessed and if something bad happens then it is God's will which eventually will lead to something good b/c it is God's will.

The bottom line is IMO he can talk the talk as long as he walks the walk.

Meaning that people will watch him and try to catch him in some "non" Christian activity now that he has so publicly professed his faith.

I personally keep it a little closer to my vest, but to each his own.

Back