Does this bug anybody as much as it does me ?

Gold Rush

Flats Noob
NCSU.....Better known as Moo U around here....Fans arguably worse than UGA...

They had one of the most ridiculous OOC schedules last year that I have ever seen with a "major college" program...Go back and look - its laughable.

So thats 4 (or was it 5...) gimmes. Throw in Duke. Essentially, if you look legitimate teams they played last year, they are about .500. Not to mention we have now beat them, what, 7 of 9 ?, and last year in one of our down years we beat them.

SO why all the hype ? Granted they had a good record last year, overall, but its so padded it's irrevelant.

I think it proves, that in a way, a soft OOC schedule helps, because it always seems to get ignored (excluding the title game)....

Ok, glad to get that off my chest
puke.gif

NCST may have fans like UGA (I seriously doubt that many rednecks exist on the same planet), but they do have reason to crow.
They have a terrific coach with an excellent football pedigree. The "Chest" has come home, and he has brought excitement and winning with him to Raleigh.
A weak or average OOC schedule means wins, and that generates a happy, growing fan base. 10 wins is still 10 wins, and I believe they beat Notre Dame in the Gator Bowl. Not too shabby. FSU sure has found it tough going against them lately as well.
Tech's win at NCST last year was our lone shining star. Years ago, a game against NCST really didn't have much to offer in the way of anticipation or chest-thumping. The "Chest" has changed all that.
BOO

I actually agree Ghost - and I do like Chucky C cup FWIW....ANd I do think they are better than before --- BUT

They are still hype at this point IMO - they MAY be good, but to this point they haven't proven anything.

Notre Dame was pretty beatable at the end of the yeat - that was no great feat.

The bottom line is, they still have proven nothing on the field, other than a ~ a .500 record vs teams with actual programs.

I also agree - an easy schedule seems to work

The end games mean a LOT to fans/media with regard to perception of what u'll have going into next season.
NC St absolutely hammered a real good Notre Dame team in the Gator. Maryland killed Tennessee in the Peach, Virginia ran roughshod over West Virginia in the Continental.
Clemson got unbelievably decimated by Texas Tech. Ga Tech got beat by Fresno St
rolleyes.gif
See the difference?
Golly, I just made an arguement that Bowl games mean more than I thought they did.

Did we lose to Wake last year? Have we EVER beaten FSU? Did we get destroyed by UGA last year? Did we get beat by Fresno State's Div III team? Well, you say last year doesnt matter. So who cares what NCSU did last year. What in the world does that have to do with us this year? I wish we had their hype this year. They are pumped in Raleigh. At least 7 wins up there would be a HUGE disappointment. What used to be (a couple of years ago)...

I guess I'm just immune to the hype machine in Raleigh, but NCSU is going to have to prove it to me. The papers up here have touted them every year I can remember no matter how they finished the year before or what/who they have coming back. Now I will agree that they have reason for optimism this year, but they are seriously talking BCS and NC around here. As was posted above they were about .500 last year if you take out the crap in their schedule. Also I wouldn't call last year's NC team very good. They were good, and had a tremendous amount of perserverance and luck over the course of the year. By the time they played State their horseshoe was used up. Maybe State will prove me wrong but I'm not holding my breath. I'm more worried about MD and UVA.

The football motto for NC State:

"The obnoxiousness of UGA and the football tradition of Rutgers, all rolled into one!"
laugh.gif

That's not my line; I heard a friend use it at the celebratory tailgate in Raleigh last year. That was one hell of a fun day!

NCSU opens with Ohio State. We will know soon enough if they are for real or not.

But you have to give em credit for scheduling Ohio State even knowing that they had no idea they would be national champs.

Now if they could just get Sendeck to schedule some real games ,,,,

It's so funny how when discussing our wins last season, I got taken to the woodshed on this board about saying that NC State was overrated last season. I used the NC State game to make a point about our coaching and what happened and why in that game!

I said that there schedule until the point they played us was nada. We were their first BIG game and they proceeded to lose 2 more in a row after us. Therefore, that Top 15 ranking was a guise, heck their own fans were saying it back then.

My point at the time was to give some thought to our victory over them not being as big as everyone here was trying to make it out to be and justify. Now though, they are overrated and not as good as the preseason projections and everyone is now saying they are the same as last season, how come those comments weren't made when we beat them? Instead it was Chan's saving grace because we beat a supposedly Top team.

I tried to disect that victory against them last year the same way this thread is disecting them now and was labeled for trying to prove a point! HUH!

Originally posted by MsTechAnalysis:
It's so funny how when discussing our wins last season, I got taken to the woodshed on this board about saying that NC State was overrated last season. I used the NC State game to make a point about our coaching and what happened and why in that game!

I said that there schedule until the point they played us was nada. We were their first BIG game and they proceeded to lose 2 more in a row after us. Therefore, that Top 15 ranking was a guise, heck their own fans were saying it back then.

My point at the time was to give some thought to our victory over them not being as big as everyone here was trying to make it out to be and justify. Now though, they are overrated and not as good as the preseason projections and everyone is now saying they are the same as last season, how come those comments weren't made when we beat them? Instead it was Chan's saving grace because we beat a supposedly Top team.

I tried to disect that victory against them last year the same way this thread is disecting them now and was labeled for trying to prove a point! HUH!
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Sorry, MS. TA... I can't agree with you at all here in regards to NCSU.

I know what their schedule was, and I know how poorly some GT players and coaches played in many other games. Your case doesn't fly in this case in my opinion.

I was there. This was their coming out party and they were ready to kick our ass.

I ran the gauntlet of their fans all day long, and I know what the atmosphere was like when that game started. There was no way we could have won that game UNTIL Gailey put his guys on the field. AJ Suggs looked like he had never looked before. It all simply came together.

It was a HOSTILE enviornment, altough their stadium is pretty small and not that intimidating. Heck, even the Carolina State Police were harassing us for no (apparent) reason.

I have had PLENTY of gripes about our progrmans lately, but NCSU is a lame example of what is wrong with things.

Don't take this personal at all... I have liked plenty of what you said. I just have to show my fairness when I can demonstrate it clearly.

Originally posted by BEESerk:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Originally posted by MsTechAnalysis:

<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Sorry, MS. TA... I can't agree with you at all here in regards to NCSU.

I know what their schedule was, and I know how poorly some GT players and coaches played in many other games. Your case doesn't fly in this case in my opinion.

I was there. This was their coming out party and they were ready to kick our ass.

I ran the gauntlet of their fans all day long, and I know what the atmosphere was like when that game started. There was no way we could have won that game UNTIL Gailey put his guys on the field. AJ Suggs looked like he had never looked before. It all simply came together.

It was a HOSTILE enviornment, altough their stadium is pretty small and not that intimidating. Heck, even the Carolina State Police were harassing us for no (apparent) reason.

I have had PLENTY of gripes about our progrmans lately, but NCSU is a lame example of what is wrong with things.

Don't take this personal at all... I have liked plenty of what you said. I just have to show my fairness when I can demonstrate it clearly.
</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Don't you know that game is an opportunity to be proud of GT? Oh wait..... sorry.... that's what you're coming out and saying on a public message board.
wink.gif
blue.gif

Go Jackets!

Originally posted by ncjacket:
I guess I'm just immune to the hype machine in Raleigh, but NCSU is going to have to prove it to me. The papers up here have touted them every year I can remember no matter how they finished the year before or what/who they have coming back. Now I will agree that they have reason for optimism this year, but they are seriously talking BCS and NC around here. As was posted above they were about .500 last year if you take out the crap in their schedule. Also I wouldn't call last year's NC team very good. They were good, and had a tremendous amount of perserverance and luck over the course of the year. By the time they played State their horseshoe was used up. Maybe State will prove me wrong but I'm not holding my breath. I'm more worried about MD and UVA.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">I am not worried about Maryland or Virginia at all. I am praying for GT. We lose in Virginia every time. Maryland on Thursday night is fun and everything but I have Maryland as a darkhouse National Champion contender based on their 2nd game at FSU. You play the schedule that is dealt you and NCSU has to go to the horseshoe. I am not saying NCSU is going to win the NC, but they seem to have FSU's number, and Virginia seems to screw up whenever they have a good chance. FSU's schedule is just ridiculous, so Maryland with their easy schedule (besides NCSU, FSU, UVA) has a good shot. But I do agree NCSU needs to prove it for once.

Originally posted by ncjacket:
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">____________________________________________

Hey, NCjacket ---&gt; It looks like you have to live up here, in their daily presence to understand the NCSU Bull****......

As you and I know, living up here and hearing about Moo U daily, you'd think that they are a perinneal top 3 program attempting a MNC on an annual basis...

Maybe its hard to understand if you aren't in their midst as we are....

Oh, another point - Notre dame was NOT a power at the end of last year - by NO means whatsoever

Originally posted by The Gnome of Zurich:
Did we lose to Wake last year? Have we EVER beaten FSU? Did we get destroyed by UGA last year? Did we get beat by Fresno State's Div III team? Well, you say last year doesnt matter. So who cares what NCSU did last year. What in the world does that have to do with us this year? I wish we had their hype this year. They are pumped in Raleigh. At least 7 wins up there would be a HUGE disappointment. What used to be (a couple of years ago)...
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">_________________________________________________

uhhh, let me see....

Who cares what NCSU did last year ? uhhhh, obviously me, because I live with these red-neck ignorant fans daily and I am sick of the daily MNC hype based on a powder-puff schedule...Is that acceptable to you ? did I break one of your personal board rules by stating this ?

Have we beaten FSU, blah blah blah ? well, if you re-read, the post wasn't about Tech, it was about my frustration with the hype, IMO, based on absolutely nothing and a nothing schedule that Moo U had last year....

Should I send my draft posts to you for pre-approval before posting ? Please advise...

Originally posted by Gold Rush:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Originally posted by The Gnome of Zurich:
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">_________________________________________________

uhhh, let me see....

Who cares what NCSU did last year ? uhhhh, obviously me, because I live with these red-neck ignorant fans daily and I am sick of the daily MNC hype based on a powder-puff schedule...Is that acceptable to you ? did I break one of your personal board rules by stating this ?

Have we beaten FSU, blah blah blah ? well, if you re-read, the post wasn't about Tech, it was about my frustration with the hype, IMO, based on absolutely nothing and a nothing schedule that Moo U had last year....

Should I send my draft posts to you for pre-approval before posting ? Please advise...
</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Actually, with Maryland's powder puff schedule this year and being ranked pretty high to start the year, they have a great shot at winning the NC. And no, you dont have to send your posts for preapproval. My point, unless mine have to go through you first, was to say since we cant beat FSU and NCSU can, and FSU has been the ACC Champ, NCSU is finally close to doing it all-powder puff schedule (@ Ohio State, Texas Tech, Western Carolina, UCONN). I'm sure it sucks to listen to it more than anything, but my response was really about wishing we had the same hype (and we should after the last 6 years) and we dont. Makes it worse than it really is. Sorry I didnt make myslf clearer in reasons why I wish we had the same hype. Have a great day.

You know it GoldRush. To listen to State fans and read the Raleigh rag you'd thinkg State has some kind of football history. Do you guys realize that last year was the most wins an NCSU team has EVER had? They are kind of like South Carolina. Just to listen to both sets of fans you would think they have a rich tradition with decades of football dominence. Then you check and find out they've basically done...NOTHING!!!

To give them their due, this year is probably the best chance State has ever had to do damage on a national scale. Because it's all up to Rivers. Once he's gone, we'll see how they do. In the meantime, they have question on both lines and a big date with OSU. I don't really hate them, but a big loss wouldn't hurt my feelings.

As for their fans, they are just as redneck as any you'd want to name. When they play ECU its a riot waiting to happen. As the old saying goes.."if you can't go to college go to State".
smile.gif

Gnome:

I see your point....Yea, I wish we had the hype also, but if we get back to that point, I hope its more deserved than NCSU's hype...

BTW, their OOC schedule this year is legit IMO - mainly based on OSU game ( I predict a blow-out FWIW)...

I WISH I had a the teams they played last year (I don't have it handy), but it was laughable...It really was....I know Umass was one and the rest were similar.

Sorry Gnome, I didn't mean to come across as I probably did.....I just get so sick and tired of the State fans around here, it makes me edgy
mad.gif

Originally posted by Gold Rush:
Gnome:

I see your point....Yea, I wish we had the hype also, but if we get back to that point, I hope its more deserved than NCSU's hype...

BTW, their OOC schedule this year is legit IMO - mainly based on OSU game ( I predict a blow-out FWIW)...

I WISH I had a the teams they played last year (I don't have it handy), but it was laughable...It really was....I know Umass was one and the rest were similar.

Sorry Gnome, I didn't mean to come across as I probably did.....I just get so sick and tired of the State fans around here, it makes me edgy
mad.gif
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">The sneaky one is UCONN. Did you see what they did second half of last year? I know some of the teams were not any good but the win at Iowa State is unbelieveable. And barely lost to BC earlier in year. They are not too bad.

Damn, Gold Rush, I lived in NC for a few years and the State crowd were a lot more likable than those tarholes... dawgies in light blue. NCState produces a lot of engineers. We have a lot more in common with State than any other of the Carolina Mafia.

Chucky Sunglasses notwithstanding I will always consider NCSt to be overrated. Rivers has been one of their best players ever with some phenomenal performances but other than that they havn't showed me a whole lot other than catching FSU with their pants down a couple of times. Richt did it, too. Wonder if being Bobby's "boys" helped at all? They'll have to go back to pretending to be something with 4 to 6 win seasons after Rivers is gone.

Only ever met one NCSt fan privately in my whole life and they basically told me that TECH sucked and acted like they wanted to fight about it. He was the receptionist's where I worked boyfriend and we had this conversation at my work while he was waitng on her to go to lunch. First time I'd met him and was just trying to make small talk. Nice guy.

Back