Does this bug anybody as much as it does me ?

Originally posted by gnats 67:
Chucky Sunglasses notwithstanding I will always consider NCSt to be overrated. Rivers has been one of their best players ever with some phenomenal performances but other than that they havn't showed me a whole lot other than catching FSU with their pants down a couple of times. Richt did it, too. Wonder if being Bobby's "boys" helped at all? They'll have to go back to pretending to be something with 4 to 6 win seasons after Rivers is gone.

Only ever met one NCSt fan privately in my whole life and they basically told me that TECH sucked and acted like they wanted to fight about it. He was the receptionist's where I worked boyfriend and we had this conversation at my work while he was waitng on her to go to lunch. First time I'd met him and was just trying to make small talk. Nice guy.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">He said we sucked? I say we go kick his ass.

Originally posted by ramblinwise1:
Damn, Gold Rush, I lived in NC for a few years and the State crowd were a lot more likable than those tarholes... dawgies in light blue. NCState produces a lot of engineers. We have a lot more in common with State than any other of the Carolina Mafia.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">___________________________________________

I used to have that same feeling, years ago..

However the landscape has changed , I'd say since Dick Sheredin (sp?)left NCSU (he had a lot of class IMO)....It seems that their fans have gotten worse (been to a NCSU game lately?)..

Since UNC has been humbled of late, the last 2-3 games I have attended there have been pretty easy as far as fan behavior etc....and expectations.

NCSU fans honestly believe that they should be in the running for a MNC annually now...Really.....
and their behavior at games is SO much like UGA now that I won't even go with my 6 year old

Only ever met one NCSt fan privately in my whole life and they basically told me that TECH sucked and acted like they wanted to fight about it. He was the receptionist's where I worked boyfriend and we had this conversation at my work while he was waitng on her to go to lunch. First time I'd met him and was just trying to make small talk. Nice guy.[/QB]
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">-----------------------------------------------

Thats pretty typical...Like UGA, the vast majority of their fans never attended college, much less State ----&gt; and they all show up for games taunting - trying to start fights etc...

At the last game over there in Raleigh, I remember (amoung other things) - an elderly guy walking up the steps of the stadium during the game, with a Tech hat on, and he was having LOTS of state fans yelling at him, "telling" him t o remove his Tech hat - threatening him etc, and he was just minding his own business......

part of our frustration with NCState is that it is a tough pill for us to swallow knowing their program is on the up and up and ours is currently stamped with a big question mark.

Originally posted by BEESerk:
Originally posted by MsTechAnalysis:
[qb]It's so funny how when discussing our wins last season, I got taken to the woodshed on this board about saying that NC State was overrated last season. I used the NC State game to make a point about our coaching and what happened and why in that game!

I said that there schedule until the point they played us was nada. We were their first BIG game and they proceeded to lose 2 more in a row after us. Therefore, that Top 15 ranking was a guise, heck their own fans were saying it back then.

My point at the time was to give some thought to our victory over them not being as big as everyone here was trying to make it out to be and justify. Now though, they are overrated and not as good as the preseason projections and everyone is now saying they are the same as last season, how come those comments weren't made when we beat them? Instead it was Chan's saving grace because we beat a supposedly Top team.

I tried to disect that victory against them last year the same way this thread is disecting them now and was labeled for trying to prove a point! HUH!
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Sorry, MS. TA... I can't agree with you at all here in regards to NCSU.

Beeserk: Our very best friends went to State and we talked about this game for a long time before and they WERE VERY scared of GT because of what I said above. They knew that the meat of their schedule started with us. They were there as well and called me here in ATL and as much as they hated losing - they basically said, 'see I told you' and even went on to say they thought they'd lose the next 2, and they did.

Based on what I saw with State and what they were doing and what I thought 'we could do', I was not blindsided by us beating them - I thought we could. Just like I thought we could beat Wake, Clemson and Maryland. This one happened to come true.

State is building something with Amato and just like we can never beat FSU - it just might be that GT has State's number here as well. They were looking to make a statement but THEY KNEW WHAT WAS A HAND - the toughest part of their schedule and it showed with us and the next two!

Back