Don't like the #1, spring roster is out

GoldZ

Dodd-Like
Re: Don\'t like the #1, spring roster is out

I thought Garren Findlay was a R-S Sr. last year? THWG

Originally posted by GoldZ:
I thought Garren Findlay was a R-S Sr. last year? THWG
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">He was. Don't know what's up with that but he was a JUCO transfer two year ago.

I don't think Findlay played last year but i'm not certain of that. Maybe some of these young whipper snappers with a better memory than I will have the answer.

I thought Steagall wore...hmm, what did he wear? *drawing a blank* I thought it was a double-digit number (21 maybe?), but I didn't remember him wearing #1...at least not in '97.

I don't remember Steagall wearing 1 either. I thought he was 20 something.

Steagall was #9 IIRC. Agree with lawbee about wearing #1, it's too arrogant.

I don't know about it being arrogant, but if it is, that's exactly what I want in a QB.

As long as #1 is not issued to defensive backs who transfer from other schools, I don't care who wears that number.
grin.gif

I notice that WR Brian Hernandez is listed on our roster. I had read some time in the recent past that he had transferred closer to home. I don't remember precisely which school the article said that he transferred to. I hope he is still on our roster because he is a high quality walkon.

What are talking about!?! The "Great Nate" Kelsey wore #1. Scored the go-ahead touchdown against UGA. Nate lives!!!!!
BOO

I beelieve Eddie McAshan wore #1....a great QB in an extremely tough position. Although his career at GT ended ignomously, he set many records that stood for almost 20/30 years until eclipsed by Shawn and later, Joe.

Originally posted by GEETEELEE:
I beelieve Eddie McAshan wore #1....a great QB in an extremely tough position. Although his career at GT ended ignomously, he set many records that stood for almost 20/30 years until eclipsed by Shawn and later, Joe.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Eddie did wear #1, very appropriately.

Originally posted by AugustaJacket:
Didn't Jamara Clark most recently wear #1?
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">No, he wore it before Albert Poree the ND transfer who left the program mid-season.

The #1 needs to be burned and never worn again. That number has done nothing but jinx the Tech player who wears it.

drinking.gif

How do you know it's not the player that jinxes the number?
wink.gif

Didn't Jamara Clark most recently wear #1?

Didn't WR Cedric Zachery wear #1 in the mid-90s too?

Back