Don't worry CPJ haters....

Guys-

CPJ will definitely not be the head coach for the '15 season. Next year yes due to contract considerations, but not '15. We'll win another 6-7 games tops next year but will lose the games that really count, as usual. It's painfully obvious that big boy talent and speed + time to prepare will 99% of the time beat a high school offense with lesser talent. The record speaks for itself. 'Nuff said. (One more thing- am I the only one who finds this offense incredibly BORING?)

So, the question is, is Tech motivated to hire a guy who can recruit and coach while at the same time not make us compete with one hand tied behind our back due to academic restrictions. If the answer is no to either question, then we should pack it up and go home cause we're never going to get to the promised land.

Start packing then.

Some questionable calls yesterday, but more the product of desperation rather than core strategy.

New coach = same results and is a great way to demonstrate you have no idea what the root cause is or how to address it.

Some questionable calls yesterday, but more the product of desperation rather than core strategy.

Ya think? An End Around on our own 5 yard line with the game on the line? I think we could go on for days with how CPJ is one of the worst play calling coaches in college football. How quickly he has become a joke. I remember back in 08 and 09 people revered the man as a playcalling genius. Amazing how decent D1 talent can make a genius a chump....

I can take 7-8 wins a year as long as we are competitive generally in our losses with the occasional upset win against a ranked team. A win against UGA about 33% of the time would be great too, but I don't think any coach could win at that rate with the current disparity in talent.

By far the biggest problem I have with this scheme is all of the fears of not being able to recruit have come true. Our best players on offense are a walk on and a baseball player. Slow, small players make any scheme hard to watch. Hell, I'd even take Chan back rather than watch this triple option eye sore now. At least we will get to see some athletes on the field.

I'm not sure if GT fans that still call it the "triple option" can be taken seriously. How many times did we run the triple option yesterday? 3 or 4 times?

I'm not sure if GT fans that still call it the "triple option" can be taken seriously. How many times did we run the triple option yesterday? 3 or 4 times?

I don't really give a öööö how many times we ran the ööööty ass triple option. The fact is CPJ has turned his offense into a clusteröööö.

Can anyone point to a recent game where any offensive skill position player recruit might have been watching and say to themselves..... I want to play in that? I can't . Its the reason most of our recruits have UMass listed as offers. We are just a bit higher on their öööö list of offers.

Can anyone point to a recent game where any offensive skill position player recruit might have been watching and say to themselves..... I want to play in that? I can't . Its the reason most of our recruits have UMass listed as offers. We are just a bit higher on their öööö list of offers.

If a recruit looked at this offense and said they want to play in it, you may want to first check him for a massive head wound and second pull his offer.

This might be the dumbest statement anyone has made on this board since yesterday's game. Congrats.

Tulane lost to Syracuse by 35 points earlier this year. And they lost to UTSA and FAU.

Georgia Southern is Georgia Southern.

What does any of that have to do with next year?

And we are tougher Academically than those schools, so we should not expect to win the game.

What does any of that have to do with next year?

And we are tougher Academically than those schools, so we should not expect to win the game.

My bad, maybe I should just start posting it in every single thread and see if it sticks?

I think any game where we scored more than 35 points on offense would do.

Don't worry CPJ haters.... you'll get what you asked for in 2016. Bill Lewis 2.0.

CPJ will likely survive next year - should win against Wofford, Tulane and Ga Southern, on the road at NC State, and at home against UVA and Duke. Only has to get one more win, say at VPI, Pitt, or UNC to get 7. However, with trading BYU for Tulane, 8-4 next year would be equivalent to this year's 7-5.

He will be fired after 2015 if he does not get better by then. That year he travels to Miami, Notre Dame, and Clemson and plays UGA, UNC, Pitt, VPI and FSU at home. That will be the year he has to have a pretty good team to go 6-6.

you are being very optimistic-Dook has an OFF,we will not have the def to stop them
VT,unc,Pitt-we will be underdogs to all

Back