dontae aycock visits auburn

gt23eric

Dodd-Like
The ajc said he was a silent commit to us. But Auburn has offered and he visited. It appears we will have to fight for him now.

gtland03 will be in really soon with his proclamation 'he is gone'

I'd be surprised if he went to Auburn. He'd be just as likely to start as QB here than at Auburn, and he'd be playing for an unproven at best coach. I suppose the only thing that could motivate him is that it would probably be pretty hard for a QB from us to become a QB in the NFL.

I'd be surprised if he went to Auburn. He'd be just as likely to start as QB here than at Auburn, and he'd be playing for an unproven at best coach. I suppose the only thing that could motivate him is that it would probably be pretty hard for a QB from us to become a QB in the NFL.

This is an unknown as of yet. There are plenty of quarterbacks in college that go to the NFL and play other positions, not to mention quarterback. The option does allow a player to showcase a slew of skills after all.

Auburn received a commit from QB Tyrick Rollison this weekend. However, it is my understanding that AU wants Aycock as a RB.

Its going to be hard for a 5'11" QB to become a QB in the NFL. You're either going to be Hines Ward (sort of QB in college, WR in pros) or you're going to work a 9-5 job at 5'11".

At GT, an option QB can make a huge name for himself as a true athlete, and leverage that into the NFL based on his exposure. At Auburn, you'll never play QB and they'll make you a DB.

How many on here have been to Auburn other than for a football game?

Let's just hope he doesn't die..........of boredom.

Its going to be hard for a 5'11" QB to become a QB in the NFL. You're either going to be Hines Ward (sort of QB in college, WR in pros) or you're going to work a 9-5 job at 5'11".

At GT, an option QB can make a huge name for himself as a true athlete, and leverage that into the NFL based on his exposure. At Auburn, you'll never play QB and they'll make you a DB.

Auburn wants him as a TB.

We have nothing to worry about though.

It appears we will have to fight for him now.

I believe it is a dead period between now and signing day. How will this fight occur? Spray paint encouragement on his street, buy a billboard near his school? Channel buzz vibes from Stingtalk?

How many on here have been to Auburn other than for a football game?

Let's just hope he doesn't die..........of boredom.

Same can be said of Georgia. Or South Carolina. Or...most schools in the SEC.

DA has said he knows his best chance at the pros is at RB, that's why he has considered Louisville. He's also said that being a QB at Tech is like being a RB, so he feels he'll still be able to get to the pros if things workout. We're the only ones that want him as a QB, this is exactly the type situation we'll see a lot of in the CPJ era. We have a ton to offer these type guys because if you go else where your guaranteeing that you'll be a RB or WR, but at Tech you'll have options if one position doesn't work out.

WHAT?

What a stupid thing to do by Tech staff. Wow that was dumb.

We should be winning kids over because choosing Tech is the right thing to do, not out of fear.

Wow wow wow that was dumb.

Combine this with the fake punt in the 2nd quarter vs LSU and my opinion of this coaching staff has gone waaaay down.

Wow that was dumb.

Back