Dontae Smith

goldbybirth

This space for rent

His cuts are slight and his momentum is always forward. This highlight reel from last season only has a couple of runs where he ends up cutting laterally during the run.

Also, I don't know how to explain it, but his head and upper body are really steady. It's like his lower body is making these subtle cuts at full speed and everything else is quiet. It's certainly different than a lot of runners.

Techfan02

Hope is pain
This should be talked about more Really gonna put some controversy but he may play better than gibbs at times

gtphd

What a time to be alive
We should have at least two of the RB's on the field on every play. Yes we need to protect but a Gibbs or Smith available for a bubble screen or slant across the middle will contain the rush more than one of our TE's. Just as we did with the defense yesterday, we need to be creative and give opposing defenses looks they are not familiar with. We do not have to run the option to generate assignment confusion.
What if, and I’m just spitballing here, we have 3 running backs on the field for every play. We could give the QB the opportunity to give the ball to 2 of those running backs or keep it himself. Someone should formalize this as the Triple Opportunity.

LaFlavor

Flats Noob
What if, and I’m just spitballing here, we have 3 running backs on the field for every play. We could give the QB the opportunity to give the ball to 2 of those running backs or keep it himself. Someone should formalize this as the Triple Opportunity.
That name will never catch on. It should be the Triple Choice, of course. Named after Coach Choice.

WreckRod

Dodd-Like

His cuts are slight and his momentum is always forward. This highlight reel from last season only has a couple of runs where he ends up cutting laterally during the run.

Also, I don't know how to explain it, but his head and upper body are really steady. It's like his lower body is making these subtle cuts at full speed and everything else is quiet. It's certainly different than a lot of runners.
Obviously not the same talent level, but the way he runs and moves reminds me of Barry Sanders.

GTWannaBee

Dodd-Like
It will work great until you have to recruit players for it.

Last edited:

gtloyal

Looking to the future
Would love to see more Dontae this weekend. He's crushed it every time he has touched the ball.

Vespinae

Unbelievable, effort-based commenter
What's up with Griffin?
I think he's too much of a Jack of all trades compared to the other 3. Need a bruiser to get 2 yards straight ahead? Mason. Need a RB/slot guy to make 42 guys miss and get 10 yards, Gibbs. Need a rocket to get to the edge and turn upfield, Smith. Griffin is good, he just doesn't stand out at any one thing. Maybe they're keeping him fresh for later in the year to spell Mason as the year goes on.