Dookies watching our game with Md.

I think that's a sarcastic post. That font is normally pretty critical of Duke so I would assume he doesn't think they will be successful running on us.

Yea, someone told them their new Head Coach knows his stuff. Just wait till reality sets in at Dook.

Originally posted by The V:
Yea, someone told them their new Head Coach knows his stuff. Just wait till reality sets in at Dook.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">The improvement was so immediate under Coach Roof that the dook crowd stood up and gave the team and the coaches a standing ovation.

Coach Roof will do well up there if he gets the chance.

I didn't realize we missed the boat on Coach Mac, what's his record over the last two years? I'm sure he's a head coach somewhere, right? That's why you keep bringing him up, right? Because with every victory he leads his team to he's rubbing our noses in it?

Please post, I can't seem to find his head coaching stats.

Ted has deservedly recieved wide acclaim in Durham for the renewed enthusiasm from the team. They played hard - and that goes a long way after their effort (or lack thereof) the last several games.

That being said, unless Ted wins a couple of games - which will be tough - Duke is going to keep looking for a new head coach - probably with head coaching experience this time.

Ted can still do himself a big favor by just keeping the kids motivated. That will by itself give his career a boost. He has a 2 year contract with the school so he may yet stick with the program even with a new head coach.

Sure Duke would love to attract a "name" coach, but I just don't see that happening. They might be able to attract a good HC from a mid-major school, but they will likely end up with a well thought of assistant coach. I just do not see people lining up for this position.

I think Roof would make a better HC than coordinator. I hope he gets the job.

Beeware, I was trying to indicate what I'm hearing from Duke friends about where they are leaning. THIS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH COACH MAC OR TECH.

JTS - I personally think the most likely strategy for Duke is the "Lou Holtz" strategy of a name coach coming back to rebuild a program. John Cooper is one possibility. Alternatively it could be the guy with strong Duke ties (ex player) coming back to his alma mater.

It is certainly arguable that an co-ordinator type is the way they would go but IMHO most co-ordinators are going to avoid this job as a stepping stone given the graveyard reputation it has - and rightfully so.

The Lou Holtz type or alum won't care nearly as much. Certainly Ted would take it if offered. I would wish him success if offered - but it is a high risk move for him.

Beeware, you may be right but unless he wins at least 2 (and it will probably take more) I don't think Ted will get a shot. Duke seems more likely to hire a name of some sort.

Originally posted by ncjacket:
Beeware, you may be right but unless he wins at least 2 (and it will probably take more) I don't think Ted will get a shot. Duke seems more likely to hire a name of some sort.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">nc,

I guess if Tech can make that mistake (not retaining Coach Mac), then dook can make a similar mistake in not keeping Coach Roof.

The grass is always greener on the other side, even if it isn't.

Beeware, you must be "Coach Mac". If so, I hate to break it to you, but you've reached your plateau in life as a position coach.

Puke has had their Ted Roof experiment when they let Barry Wilson have the reigns. They fired him. Love Mac, but look what his O line, the most talented in the USA, has done at Texas. Well do not look, just ask OU. As for Ted, God love him, but I hope his team gets totally annihilated after they upset UT. Beewuss just can not stand the fact that CG had a winning record, the first ever, for a first year GT head coach. He can not stand the fact that CG beat awebern, or played FSU better than any of the O'L/ralph teams, or beat #9 NCSU on their field, or beat the hottest team in the ACC last Thursday night. He hates it when GT does well. Sicko.

Just a reminder. It was reported earlier that Boss Ross is interested in returning to the ACC in a short term stop gap role.
If Bowden is safe at Clemson, don't be shocked to see Bobby in blue.

Originally posted by JacksonJacket:
http://insiders1.ezboard.com/fdevilsdenfrm5.showMessage?topicID=632.topic

The really funny one is early on in the thread when a dookie says wait until the Dook O gets a hold of our puny Defense.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Dook has a football message board?
confused.gif

I don't see Ross at Duke. I think they will either go for a winner at a smaller classification of a "name" that can give them 4-5 years. I don't know if Ross would commit to that.

NCJacket, LLCoolJacket knows something you are not aware of. I don't necessarily mean Duke, but that he may be willing to coach again for a short time period of time.

Father Time

I can't really see a Ross/Holtz/Cooper type at Dook either.

I'd guess an ambitious 1-AA HC ala Bobby Johnson from Furman to Vandy. Staff and all.

You never know though, Ted may have ingratiated himself to 'em up there.

Wonder if Kruzchevski'll be on the search commitee?

Back