Double Official Game Day Thread: GT vs Clemson

BrentwoodJacket

Dodd-Like
What sucks is, well one of the things that sucks, that QB never once thought about coming to GT living an hour away.
I am not sure that changes with a new coach. I do not think we have ever signed a 5 star QB. Maybe Davis who we wasted.

GTLiebs

Dodd-Like
Time to start a Venables or bust thread?
I think it would be surprising if we got him. If we gave him Johnson's salary right off the bat (could we even?) it wouldn't be a big raise for him, he already makes 2.2 mil and it's going up to 2.4 next year or year after. Sure he gets to be head coach but now he's gotta figure out an offense as well.

ronricks

Flats Noob
We did ONCE--Charles Dudish--a total BUST.---in '69.
Dudish wasn’t necessarily a bust. He had issues with Carson and he also liked to party. It wasn’t his on the field play really it was his lifestyle off it. Carson suspended him and Dudish walked away from school.

BEEFENSE

Helluva Engineer
Dudish wasn’t necessarily a bust. He had issues with Carson and he also liked to party. It wasn’t his on the field play really it was his lifestyle off it. Carson suspended him and Dudish walked away from school.
Don't really want to blast him after all these years --but--i heard it was what he partied "with".--=sad.