Down goes Vick!!!!

2 Big Techsticles

Flats Noob
Serious, serious blow for the Birds. Fractured leg, Doug Johnson will be the man now.

If you're in a Fantasy Football League, GO GET JOHNSON NOW!! Either for yourself or as viable trade bait.

Have lots of friends who are Falcon season tix holders and have been diehards for 25 years. I feel for Michael Vick and I know everyone was really looking forward to the season.

Terrible, terrible news. The Falcons don't have a good defense and now without Vick their offense will be weak as well.

2BT...love the aviator man. I posted about this in the "Other sports" forum...where its supoused to be? Anyway, 6-10 weeks of Doug johnson

Originally posted by ccujacket:
Terrible, terrible news. The Falcons don't have a good defense and now without Vick their offense will be weak as well.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">How much do you actually know about the Falcons?
Their D is fine and while the O will take a hit w/o Vick, Johnson is one of the better NFL backups, the O Line is above average, the RB duo is very good, and the WRs are good and deep.

I'm worried about how the team responds mentally - they'll be fine if they can handle that part of it.

If Doug were to go 5-0 or 6-0 would it be a contreversy when Mike gets back? or just a bunch of buyers when Doug is elligible for free agency. Many have said he could start for a lot of teams(Dallas, Arizona, Carolina, Seattle etc.)

Originally posted by 2 Big Techsticles:

If you're in a Fantasy Football League, GO GET JOHNSON NOW!! Either for yourself or as viable trade bait.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">No, I already have Peyton and Favre but I did pick up Dunn off the waiver wire a few weeks ago after the draft. He'll be more of a factor now than he was already going to be. Hate it about Mike though.

Back