Dr Aaron King

donsue

Flats Noob
i just saw Dr. King passed a couple of months ago. He was a Tech icon! Some of the older posters could know; wasn’t he among the very first in the country to make individual mouthpieces for players?

DeepSnap

Flats Noob
Yup, plus he was also the first to make them in team colors.

Prior to that, we just used the kind you put in boiling water, then got an impression and let it cool...... sounds worse than it was.

donsue

Flats Noob

Prior to that, we just used the kind you put in boiling water, then got an impression and let it cool...... sounds worse than it was.
Thanks for the info. Tough to see Tech legends passing.

coit

Y’all got any more of that D Fence?

That was a great part of every football season. Fitting that first mouthpiece.

ScionOfSouthland

Dodd-Like

wait, the boiling water technique isn’t still used?

texstinger

Dodd-Like
I thought the crown we wore on our helmets was to honor him. As in the crown of a King?

DeepSnap

Flats Noob
It could be... haven't had to worry about it in quite a while.

IIRC, Dr. King was also the first team dentist to make mouthpieces for the basketball teams. I still don't see how they can get enough air using those things as much sprinting as they do - it was difficult enough as a FB player.

User 10337

Nope. Well, not at Tech. Maybe at peewee and high school We had molds of our teeth made then from those mold we had perfectly formed and fitted mouth guards. Man, Dr. King was THE MAN. RIP

Dr. King, if you can read the internet in the past life, I enjoyed our conversations. Thank you for the words of wisdom.