Dropped passes....

D

Damarius

This hurt us throughout the game. Obviously, Curry's for sure catch (great pass) that he dropped. There were also other dropped passes that could have led to longer drives and possibly leading to points. I was very disappointed with the dropped passes. That is unacceptable.

Curry could not catch the Flu today. I hope they run him till his legs are 2 inches shorter.

Agree 110%. Completely unacceptable. Hopefully Bridges can make it back next year and he and some of the Frosh, and possibly Carter if he moves, can step up and show these guys that don't want the ball how you catch the thing. Dbo might can help us here eventually as well.

I'm all for sitting you know who on the pine. I've heard "COMPLETE!! and he dropped it" or "Wide open is _______... and he drops it" "It hit him right in the hands Wes" one too many times already.

Let me get this straight. Our usually sure-handed WR, Nate Curry, drops a couple of balls and everyone wants to pin a 41-17 loss on dropped passes. Give me a break.

We got beat by a team that we out man at just about every position because their coaches did a better of preparing them.

You sound like a UGA fan talking about Terrence Edwards. It is just pathetic going after a single player while overlooking the coaching.

Originally posted by JTS:
Let me get this straight. Our usually sure-handed WR, Nate Curry, drops a couple of balls and everyone wants to pin a 41-17 loss on dropped passes. Give me a break.

We got beat by a team that we out man at just about every position because their coaches did a better of preparing them.

You sound like a UGA fan talking about Terrence Edwards. It is just pathetic going after a single player while overlooking the coaching.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Lets be honest...we are not a good enough team to be able to casually pass by an opportunity...particularly when the game needed an emotional turn. That pass would have made it a tie game early in the 2nd half. One big play can turn the tide. We are simply not experienced or talented enough to not execute on some of these opportunities.

hiveredtech,

I know we are not good enough to come out, play bad, and win against anyone. But let's be honest, we are good enough team to drop a couple of passes and still beat Duke.

That really was not the point of my post though. It just pisses me off the way these guys are going after Nate. He is selfless player and one of the best role models on this team. Nate's parents wanted him to quit the team after he hurt his knee, but he worked hard and came back because he was dedicated to the team. Now because of a couple of dropped balls, we have jerkoffs on this board that want to "run him until his legs are two inches long" and challenge his work ethic or will to win. These posts are monumentally piss poor crap.

In addition, it pisses me off that these same fonts would never dream of making a post this scathing about Gailey, but do not hesistate to go after one of our hardest working and most selfless players.

JTS, I could not agree more. Your last statement is so true and so UNBEELIEVABLE!! We have CG who is making the big $$$$ (more than he deserved) and a student athlete. The big $$$ man is above criticism while the SA is being thrown to the wolves? I don't think so. The HC is responsible for everything, and if it is too much, then he should go. I certainly don't mind criticizing him, but to many, he is a "sacred cow". Why that is, I have no idea. Some on this board, I think, take it personally AND their expectations are quite low. That is sad.

I don't see anything "scathing" from "these fonts." (fill in the blank)blew some catches today and it's not the first time. How would bashing CCG change that?

Nothing personal against (fill in the blank)but a WR has to have hands just like a QB has to throw completions, a RB has to have speed and a lineman has to have size and strength regardless of how fine a character they are or you lose to the teams that have the players that do. That's football.

I've said it before and totally believe it, I think our former QB is a fine person and will probably wind up running this town one day BUT I hope I never see him under center again when a game is on the line. Why? You answer the question.

JTS...I do not think I have read anything that personally attacks nate curry or what he means to the team. Heck...even the AJC points out the drop as the key play that could have turned it all around. However, it does not say anything like 'nate does not work hard enough'...or 'nate has been doing this all year'

Any GT fan that knows anything about the team knows that Nate Curry is a fantastic kid who takes football seriously...and takes the classroom extremely seriously. He is exactly what we want on our team...and next year will be our 'go to' receiver.

I think that if you look at the posts objectively you will see that most are just mentioning the drop (the action)...not saying anything derogatory about nate curry (the player/person).

Originally posted by Damarius:
This hurt us throughout the game. Obviously, Curry's for sure catch (great pass) that he dropped. There were also other dropped passes that could have led to longer drives and possibly leading to points. I was very disappointed with the dropped passes. That is unacceptable.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">If we're gonna critisize SA's, Reggie had a lot more to do with this loss than Curry. He threw an INT in the endzone, funbled when we were driving down 10 (led to Duke TD) and threw the INT for a TD (down 10). He's a true Freshmen and you expect a couple of performances like this but it doesn't mean that it didn't have a huge impact on this game, a lot bigger impact than Curry's drops.

We really need to give Duke some credit. They made big plays, they played offense, and even though we should have beaten them, they didn't let us.

Congrats to Ted.

I am not going to pass judgement on anyone until I see the game film. Wes has the habit of taking a "circus type catch miss" and calling it a "hit him in the hands drop".

My opinion on yesterday is this though: Every time we were in position to take the momentum of the game, and probably pull it out, RB made a critical TO. The int. return for touchdown with about 10:00 to play broke the Jackets back. If we had scored on that drive (and I thought we would) it would have made it a 3 point game with about 7 minutes left. Instead, we were down 17.
For personal safety reasons, I had to turn off the radio after that. I wasn't listening, so I don't know if the defense quit after that. I will assume there was some of that after seeing their back had rushed for 230 yards.

RB had a real freshman experience. Credit goes to Ted and Duke, but I have faith that RB will be better for it.

I can appreciate everyone coming to youknowwho's defense much like we've rallied around CCG during the anti-Chan cold war but nobody's bashing nobody.

You want to talk Reggie Ball, or quite frankly one or two other guys, that fine but this thread was dedicated to dropped passes, no?

IMO, belly & nc are right on. As for the dropped passes, if EVERY dropped pass next week in practice doesn't draw a dramatic arse chewing eruption from Chan, then we will have learned something about this staff. If excellence is demanded, not requested, from a talented individual, you will almost always get it. THWG

Anybody attending practice next week?

LLCoolJacket, I beat you to the draw. I am a very poor loser. I hate to lose. I cannot stand losing, and I cannot stand listening or watching a game I feel we are going to lose.

When our defense gave up the three straight soft passes over the middle on the first drive and Duke went in to score, I knew we would lose the game, so I turned off the radio at that point and would not listen again.

When I see repetition over and over without the coach changing the defensive plans, I cannot stand it, and I cannot cope with it. I also have to turn the game off to preserve my sanity.

I know your next remark, what santiy?

Father Time

Curry ironically made maybe the previous key play of the season on O with his BIG grab against Awbern.It STUNNED Awbern and set the stage for the season.His miss had the same effect at Dook.
oh,btw- Nate will be our go-to receiver next yr and we are #110 on Off now .

Yesterday was about three simple things to me.

1) The Duke OL dominated us inside. Whether that's our DL or LBs or combination they ran right at us and kicked out buttts.

2) We did pretty much whatever we wanted to on offense until we would make a critical mistake. QB and WRs let us down all day long.

3) Emotion. Duke wanted this game so badly you could feel it. While I don't think our guys mailed it in, we need to take their emotions out of it early. When they scored on the first drive we were set up to take the wind out of their sails on our possession. We moved downfielf from our 5 and should have had the first but Reggie had a pass tipped on 4th down. From there on out we were playing from behind and I think it got into Reggie's head. If we had simply stuck to the ground attack and short passes I think we would have worn them out.

But when we threw the first int it took away a TD and gave them some breathing room. When Nate dropped the TD pass in the second half it did the same thing. When we had the ball back down 27-17 you could just feel the Duke fans waiting for something bad to happen. Instead Reggie throws the INT that was returned for the TD.

Let's face it, we blew every opportunity to do something positive in the game. That doesn't take away the fact their offense dominated our D. But we screwed up our chances to score. If we had ever gotten ahead I think we would have won the game. But that's just my opinion.

So no, the fault for the loss doesn't rest with Nate. Or with Reggie for that matter. But our guys need to understand that you have to perform. Players make plays. If you don't, the team has to find someone who can. It's not about hard work or how good a kid somebody is. Players have to make plays.

Curry has played some good football for us and to jump on him for having a bad game is ludicrous! It reminds me of UGA fans. I like to think we are above that.
Go Jackets!

Back