Duke -17.5

Ed Sawyer

I eventually banged Lucy Matthews.
? Do you mean bimbos, regardless of skin color?
No, I mean white blondes are the crème de la crème of the college athlete set and are a huge status symbol. They all want a snow bunny, and blondes are No. 1 on the wish list.

swampsting

Now with incredulous facial expression
Good friend of mine attended UNC the same time as Julius Peppers. He said Peppers would show up late to class walking his dog with two blonde bimbos. The professors would be like “what’s the matter back there?” ... because everyone was like “holy öööö, he’s actually in class!”
Friend of mine up there covered him at a small, local paper. Said Julius was a really good kid. Very soft spoken.

LibertyJacket

Varsity Lurker
What we thought: it would be hard to transition off of the option.
What happened: it has been hard to transition off of the option.
Lol how prolific and profound
Yet a full 50% of the posters on here can't comprehend the idea. We were told by multiple sources exactly what our season would look like: atrocious offensive line play, decent offensive skill players that don't match up with any offense we want to run, a shaky defensive line, and pretty solid defensive backs. Every single prediction has come true yet some people still don't understand it.

18in32

Petard Hoister
Yet a full 50% of the posters on here can't comprehend the idea. We were told by multiple sources exactly what our season would look like: atrocious offensive line play, decent offensive skill players that don't match up with any offense we want to run, a shaky defensive line, and pretty solid defensive backs. Every single prediction has come true yet some people still don't understand it.
Gonna need a cite on the prediction that we would lose to The Citadel

Tampa Jacket

Helluva Engineer
They cover this year. But not for long. Collins is an excellent recruiter. We will be much bigger stronger and faster in 3 yrs.

77GTFan

Dodd-Like
Friend of mine up there covered him at a small, local paper. Said Julius was a really good kid. Very soft spoken.
Peppers played high school ball at the district next to ours. He was a great kid. You should have seen him at tailback. Tackling him was a near impossibility. He was an amazing athlete.

daBuzz

Dodd-Like
No, I mean white blondes are the crème de la crème of the college athlete set and are a huge status symbol. They all want a snow bunny, and blondes are No. 1 on the wish list.
So in your fantasy world, EVERY African American football player, or every white football player too for that matter, would prefer a blonde over a redhead, a brunette, a black-haired girl or an African American girl? Jesus, dude....do you even read what you post before you hit the "Post Reply" button?

rghoae

Banhammer'd
Ban Hammer'd
Recruiting at GT is much harder than at Duke. Duke is private and has many easy majors in which to stash athletes. Academically, the Duke brand is better than GT's too.
Cutcliffe can get a good QB no matter where he goes. The Mannigs, and now Daniel Jones are a guarantee of that.

aeromech

Dodd-Like
You may be right. From my very limited experience noticing the personal lives of GT athletes whom I occasionally see in social contexts, there aren't that many inter-racial couples. But I acknowledge I am no expert in such matters!
It may be proportional to the number of top athletes. For example if 50% of first round draft picks prefer inter-racial relationships, how many inter-racial couples would you expect to see at GT?

the answer would be zero

Last edited:

aeromech

Dodd-Like
Back to Duke....
(unfortunately) I will be happy if we beat the spread. It should mean we are making week to week progress, and that gives me hope that we can pull off an upset against VPI next month. If we can pull off an upset against Duke that would be golden; but I am not expecting it tomorrow. I think Duke just has too much offense for us right now, and our offense isn't composed yet.

gambler

Went all in with 80k
Redneck neighbor just offered me 21 points for a 2k bet on the dwag game. I told him he must not have any faith in those window lickers because I got a better line vs Duke.

The mouth breathing logic never ceases to amaze me.

User 8976

User account deleted
So in your fantasy world, EVERY African American football player, or every white football player too for that matter, would prefer a blonde over a redhead, a brunette, a black-haired girl or an African American girl? Jesus, dude....do you even read what you post before you hit the "Post Reply" button?
this is stingtalk. seriously? nobody reads what they post

Diseqc

Dodd-Like
Redneck neighbor just offered me 21 points for a 2k bet on the dwag game. I told him he must not have any faith in those window lickers because I got a better line vs Duke.

The mouth breathing logic never ceases to amaze me.
that'd be an awful bet on your part

aeromech

Dodd-Like
Back to Duke....
(unfortunately) I will be happy if we beat the spread. It should mean we are making week to week progress, and that gives me hope that we can pull off an upset against VPI next month. If we can pull off an upset against Duke that would be golden; but I am not expecting it tomorrow. I think Duke just has too much offense for us right now, and our offense isn't composed yet.
We would have beat the spread if we hadn't burned a game for Yates on a rather stupid 2 point conversion attempt. So rather than happy I am more meh. We showed significant improvement on offense and second half defense wasn't terrible.

Diseqc

Dodd-Like
We would have beat the spread if we hadn't burned a game for Yates on a rather stupid 2 point conversion attempt. So rather than happy I am more meh. We showed significant improvement on offense and second half defense wasn't terrible.
Yates is going to transfer. Who cares about burning a game for him.