Duke kick off @ noon

When you have two teams a combined 1 - 6 in conference (ACC to boot) record, 6 - 1 out of conference with resounding wins over the likes of Vanderbilt, Mercer, North Carolina Central and Army, you really don't get much choice in time slots. And despite it being homecoming, vast portions of the north stands, (upper and lower), east stands (upper and lower), west stands (upper and lower) and the entire south stands will be occupied by Trick or Treaters disguised as empty seats. (This despite dook beating a sub-par U Notre Dame)

When you have two teams a combined 1 - 6 in conference (ACC to boot) record, 6 - 1 out of conference with resounding wins over the likes of Vanderbilt, Mercer, North Carolina Central and Army, you really don't get much choice in time slots. And despite it being homecoming, vast portions of the north stands, (upper and lower), east stands (upper and lower), west stands (upper and lower) and the entire south stands will be occupied by Trick or Treaters disguised as empty seats.

So essentially every Duke game ever played.

I would rather have a night kick and just not be on TV. I assume we couldn't do that with the mega-million dollar TV deals, but not having a Saturday (Clem on a Thrs) night game under the lights at BDS is pretty lame. The ATL skyline makes our stadium one of the neater places to play at night imho.

I would rather have a night kick and just not be on TV. I assume we couldn't do that with the mega-million dollar TV deals, but not having a Saturday (Clem on a Thrs) night game under the lights at BDS is pretty lame. The ATL skyline makes our stadium one of the neater places to play at night imho.

All of us that go to the games would like the same. Unfortunately, that isn't how this works ya know. TV money means broadcasters get to decide which games are played at which times to maximize advertising revenue.
[

The lights are all on regardless of how bright and sunny....that makes sense right?

They run them when it is overcast, like Saturday was for at least part of the game. I assume it is for TV.

NC State was the homecoming cupcake for Clemson last Saturday. Game started at noon.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

You forgot the rain. A drought busting cold rain.
This. Late games are for the first half of the season. Early games are for the last half of the season. (I've never given a rat's ass about homecoming festivities, so I'll pour out a shot of Kentucky's finest for any Greeks out there.)

I was so cold and miserable at the UCONN game at our place in 2004(?). Cold. Rain. I was totally unprepared for how cold it was. Left in the third and couldn't feel my feet as I was walking. It was strange just throwing my legs forward to walk until I got the feeling back

That was the last time I have ever left a GT game before 0:00 hit in the 4th. I didn't leave even during the ööööty blowout games.

Back