Early signing period

MACHETE

Dodd-Like
I believe the early signing period starts December 18. Is the expectation that we will sign all 23 of our commits? Any upside/downside surprises expected?

daBuzz

Dodd-Like
I believe the early signing period starts December 18. Is the expectation that we will sign all 23 of our commits? Any upside/downside surprises expected?
The hope and expectation is that we keep them all. Jahmyr Gibbs has been getting serious attention from Bama, Ohio State etc but the coaches were there last night with him and his teammate his family lives with (who's going to be a PWO for us, by the way). We had one decommit yesterday so I haven't looked at the numbers to see if he is one of the 23 or whether his decommital brings us down to 23.

My bigger question is: how many of these that we expect to sign this month are planning to early enroll? That chance to work out over the winter and play in the spring is huge for getting onto the field early. We could definitely use a couple of the LB's and the OL and DL to be early enrollees.

smokey_wasp

Dodd-Like
We will sign almost all of them, likely not Gibbs, if I had to guess. He has said all along he will wait til February, but maybe we'll close strong on him. We are in the mix for several more recruits.

Turner has decommitted and it looks like Behrens has reclassified back to 2021.

JJacket

Declared dead for tax purposes.
We will sign almost all of them, likely not Gibbs, if I had to guess. He has said all along he will wait til February. We are in the mix for several more recruits.

Turner has decommitted and it looks like Behrens has reclassified back to 2021.
Why are you guessing not Gibbs?

JoeCakeEater

Dodd-Like
Highly unlikely the whole class signs, but the more the better. Anyone who doesn't sign is a definite risk to end up somewhere else...and that goes for players who don't sign for other teams as well.

After the early period is over, some of the bigger programs will reevaluate their roster and start going after their back-up plans...which is where it can get hectic. Gibbs will get plenty of love between now and February if he decides to wait, but nothing new because he's already getting love from top programs.

For reference, these are the guys we added between the early period and NSD last year:
Cornelius Evans
Nazir Burnett
Mike Lockhart
Jamious Griffin

smokey_wasp

Dodd-Like
Just that he has said he will wait until February and is getting that Bama attention. That said, I just checked and his only scheduled OV is to Bama on Dec. 13th.

GoGATech

Big Dummy
He has stated he isn't signing until February. I don't think he's able to graduate early and early-enroll, so he is taking full advantage of the full recruiting cycle. We're likely going to schedule his OV here for much closer to the February signing day.

Techbert

Dodd-Like
Highly unlikely the whole class signs, but the more the better. Anyone who doesn't sign is a definite risk to end up somewhere else...and that goes for players who don't sign for other teams as well.

After the early period is over, some of the bigger programs will reevaluate their roster and start going after their back-up plans...which is where it can get hectic. Gibbs will get plenty of love between now and February if he decides to wait, but nothing new because he's already getting love from top programs.

For reference, these are the guys we added between the early period and NSD last year:
Cornelius Evans
Nazir Burnett
Mike Lockhart
Jamious Griffin
Plus transfers.

Unbelievable effort for Coach coming in cold and closing those deals - all from scratch.

BrentwoodJacket

Dodd-Like
The coaching changes should open opportunities to supplement our class and add transfers.

BrentwoodJacket

Dodd-Like
You'll have some explaining to do if we miss on those Brentwood guys.
My son graduated five years ago but he was in school with the two potential transfers along with Ramsey, Barnett and Knox.
The talent level at BA is down now. Baylor and McCallie in Chattanooga are up. We are as close to Chattanooga as UT or Vandy. They should be in helicopter range.
Our coaches are much better recruiters than I am. Our handling of the Brandon Adams tragedy should reflect well on our program.