East Carolina

...but it is a good place for undergraduate education in many fields.

No, it is not. Sorry, but anyone who turns down GT or UNC to attend East Carolina is an idiot (barring a sick relative in Greenville or something similar) or, more likely, lying about admission to those other universities.

You are such a monumental asshole. 77's kids aren't idiots and he is certainly no liar and who the öööö are you to make that statement? Could you be any more of a pretentious prick? Seriously, go öööö yourself.

There are those in Greenville that now believe not only that they run the state, but they own the Coastal because they beat two teams from it. I respect their OOC scheduling, but that's a little much. Two wins over two overrated teams is not a reason to get a big head all of the sudden.

They're playing really good ball this year. Who else in the coastal do you see them not being able to hang with?

UVA - as we all know Tenuta doesn't really have much of an answer for a QB who can stand in the pocket and find the open guy underneath or behind the blitz all day. They're pretty much built to kill UVA. W

Duke - this is probably a pretty level matchup. We'll see how for real or not the devils are this weekend. But, I don't think you could argue this game as more than a coin flip. 50/50

GT - have you seen our pass defense? If we won it would be because they had no clue about defending the option and we ate up the clock. I don't know about you, but I don't think we want any part of playing ECU. It would likely be a shootout and winner would be whomever had the ball last with a little time to score. Again, coin flip. 50/50

Pitt - I don't know. I haven't watched any of their games and have no clue about them.

Miami - probably an L here just because Miami has so many athletes everywhere. But, Miami is also sort of schizo and can play up or down to their competition, so that could be a game late into the 4th. They did hang with USCe the whole game at USCe.

So they would have 3 Ws, an L, 2 50/50 games, and 1 I don't know. Sounds a lot like if not owning the Coastal they're at least very much in the hunt.

THIS YEAR. 1 out of the past 20 ECU has a good enough team to play well in the Coastal. You can say the same about 1 "Group of 5"team every year pretty much. Too bad the other 19 years they weren't good enough to attract the attention of a real conference to invite them to the party.

Good job to East Carolina.

I don't think anyone is saying we should make them the 16th ACC team. Just that they're a tough team this year . . .

Have to defend ECU a little since both kids and their spouses are grads. It is a fine school with a good Med School. My son and daughter were both Chancellor's Scholars - a great merit scholarship given to four a year that covers tuition, fees, room, board, books and a stipend for a semester of travel abroad. They were both accepted at Wake, Tech and UNC and my son at Georgetown but they did not want to pass up the opportunity their offer from ECU provided. It is not Georgia Tech or UNC, but it is a good place for undergraduate education in many fields.

It really is a special place - truly a regional university serving Eastern NC. It is a fun place for football - they averaged about 47,000 per home game last year, most coming from the coastal and coastal plains towns of NC plus from the Triangle. They have a real chip on their shoulder and don't mind playing anybody anywhere anytime. Seeing them whip the Tarheels was a thing of beauty, both last year at Chapel Hill and on Saturday in Greenville.

This.

My wife did her undergrad at ECU. There's also a Chief Engineer I work with who went there.

It's the school where people from that part of North Carolina want to go.

Last edited:
ECU has built a good team and I like a good underdog story.

I wouldn't want to play them and I doubt they want to play us. Here is what Navy did to them the last three times they played.

10/27/2012 @ East Carolina (8-5) W 56 28
10/22/2011 vs. East Carolina (5-7) L 35 38
11/6/2010 @ East Carolina (6-7) W 76 3

Sure those are different players... but it certainly doesn't appear like Ruffin McNeill has "the blueprint."

I see it every year.........all of most of the ACC teams in NC get great recruiting classes and hopes are high and then......they fall apart.When a team puts 70 on you and you have on paper talent......you are in deep kemchi..Now Dook is coming but we play them well and we have done okay with State even though they killed us at home few years ago.

[to phd] You are such a monumental asshole. 77's kids aren't idiots and he is certainly no liar and who the öööö are you to make that statement? Could you be any more of a pretentious prick? Seriously, go öööö yourself.

the simple answer to your question is "No". phdumbass is definitely the most pretentious prick on this board

if you merged him and Sthorfinnr you would get the Anti-Christ. with a panic room

Arr, the Pirates continue to roll, matey.

I see it every year.........all of most of the ACC teams in NC get great recruiting classes and hopes are high and then......they fall apart.When a team puts 70 on you and you have on paper talent......you are in deep kemchi..Now Dook is coming but we play them well and we have done okay with State even though they killed us at home few years ago.

Nc State had a Super Bowl winning QB. No worries.

Back