EATING CROW!

law_bee

Dodd-Like
I have seen MANY negative posts about CG's recruiting on here and the hive and I tell you I think it is unjustified.

I can see the evidence for the negative coaching responses (ugag, fsu, and wake losses).

However the jury is still out on recruiting. It appears we have quality (equal to O'leary years) and quantity is still open. If we close strong and get Scott then I think MANY will have been shown to be wrong.

I expect there to be a 2way street. If you are going to kick a man when he is down I expect you to applaud him when he succeeds. That is what credibility is all about.

We had quality wins over NCST and UVA and that is evidence that the jury is still out on coaching abilities.

I am HOPING that crow is the dish served on signing day!

I honestly don't see the logic in complaining about recruiting until AFTER signing day.

Why complain before? SO you can say I told you so if things do go bad? If that is the cae, then you truly must want recruiting to go bad so you can stroke your ego.

I don't jack about football recruiting, but I guess others do. They very well may be right in what they are saying...

but for the life of me I don't see what good it does do gripe and moan before signing day.

Beeserk,

I'll take it a step further. I don't complain or applaud recruiting until after signing day. Until they sign the LOI, verbals aren't worth the breath it takes to speak. It'll be interesting to see where this year's recruiting class falls. But until Signing Day, I aint too worried about it.

Originally posted by bugboy:
Beeserk,

I'll take it a step further. I don't complain or applaud recruiting until after signing day. Until they sign the LOI, verbals aren't worth the breath it takes to speak. It'll be interesting to see where this year's recruiting class falls. But until Signing Day, I aint too worried about it.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Very good point! It works both ways. To applaud before signing day only sets your self up for dissapointment.

If we get Scott and the other commitments to sign the dotted line then in my opinion this would be the best class in the 25 or so years I have followed Tech recruiting, and the rest from there is icing on the cake!!!!!

Beg to make one more point. Rather than saying nothing, sometimes it helps to discuss where we are half way through recruiting. i.e.It was much more fun to discuss where GT was after BYU game or NC St game rather than saying 'nothing' until season was complete & wanting all posters not to question coach until AFTER the season was totally complete. Thank God Homer Rice didn't wait til the end of '94 before questioning B.L. & replacing him. Should anyone demean Rice for NOT waiting til the season was over? I think not.
Things look different from before recruiting starts in earnest, 1/2 pt & final tally. Things change as we go along & it's great to discuss it DURING the process as well as after the process is complete. What's wrong with discussing halfway pts? Can't we discuss where Hewitt is now? Or should we reserve all opinions until after March madness.
There sure wouldn't be much for fans to talk about if we all waited until every i was dotted before asking a question.

beg to make ONE more point ..

there is a difference between discussing things and "writing off" things

for instance GT Ace .. you have written off our recruiting by stating that we are going after our "B and C lists" which have athletes that have little or no chance at winning the ACC

this is not discussion .. this is a conclusion .. and given how subjective recruiting is, it is extremely difficult to reach such a conclusion after recruiting is over .. much less while recruiting is going on!!

"Folks we are definitely well into our 'B' & 'C' lists. We are down to recruiting kids that have little or no chance to win the ACC. "
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">the above is your quote in the following thread

LINK:-&gt; GT Ace's conclusion on who we are recruiting

care to explain how you reached the conclusion that we have reached our B and C list of athletes with little of no chance of winning the ACC?

you've ignored my request to explain how you reached this conclusion on both the hive and here.

I HOPE that IF crow is indeed served on signing day, or better still IF our recruits go on and compete in the ACC, you get a lion share!

and here's my biggest crow .. i mean beef .. with the negativity spreading sky is falling crowd. all they do is shout that the sky is falling

if it does, they are right and thump their chest and clamor that they told us so

if it doesn't, they freely admit they are wrong and then say that they are pleasantly surprised and will gladly eat crow

either way, they win

Ace, I think I have to agree with ylojk8 on this one. Opinions are one thing but you have turned pretty negative about recruiting and have been drawing conclusions about how we will end up. To me I guess the difference is saying we need more RBs versus saying the kids we will get can't beat GA. Both are opinions but one is about tactics while the other is a slam on the coaching staff and the players we are after. If you really, really want somebody to come to Tech that's fine. But why knock kids who haven't even signed yet? Especially when none of us really knows anything about them except what we read?

Originally posted by GT Ace:
Thank God Homer Rice didn't wait til the end of '94 before questioning B.L. & replacing him. Should anyone demean Rice for NOT waiting til the season was over? I think not....
There sure wouldn't be much for fans to talk about if we all waited until every i was dotted before asking a question.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">GT Ace,
Don' let the thought police get you down.

Some of us like to read your 'eyes open' reviews and opinions of the current situations.

Let the sunflowers only look toward the sun if they wish.

Keep up the good work.

Bugboy, I have differ with you on verbals.They certainly are not guarantees but they are a helluva lot better than nothing.In fact you probably could quantify and say that a verbal gives an 80% chance of a signee- at least.I'll take those odds anyday.
btw-for example-I would take Awbern's chances with Josh Thompson over ours anyday.

Originally posted by AlaGold:
Bugboy, I have differ with you on verbals.They certainly are not guarantees but they are a helluva lot better than nothing.In fact you probably could quantify and say that a verbal gives an 80% chance of a signee- at least.I'll take those odds anyday.
btw-for example-I would take Awbern's chances with Josh Thompson over ours anyday.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">That's fine, AlaGold. I was just stating my view of things. I know alot of people really follow recruiting hard and I don't begrudge them that at all. I just choose not to. I also choose not to rate a recruiting class until the signing day. Even then, they still have to qualify. After that, they have to develop as college athletes.

Every school has guys that were nobody during recruiting season that became great players (like Kelly Campbell). Also, every school has a Hobie Holiday story out there.

Originally posted by beeware:

<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">And let the dung beetles enjoy what they enjoy.

grin.gif

Originally posted by beeware:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Originally posted by GT Ace:
Thank God Homer Rice didn't wait til the end of '94 before questioning B.L. & replacing him. Should anyone demean Rice for NOT waiting til the season was over? I think not....

Some of us like to read your 'eyes open' reviews and opinions of the current situations.

Keep up the good work.
</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Beeware .. you are policing a line of thought too. you are thought police as well and your goal is to police your line of thought down everyone's throat.

read the quote below and you can bet that that is exactly what i think about you and the rest of your thought police gang

"Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain......and most do. "
- Andrew Carnegie

Originally posted by bellyseries:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Originally posted by beeware:

<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">And let the dung beetles enjoy what they enjoy.

grin.gif
</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">belly,
I agree completely.

Originally posted by ylojk8:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Originally posted by beeware:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Originally posted by GT Ace:

Keep up the good work.
</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Beeware .. you are policing a line of thought too. you are thought police as well and your goal is to police your line of thought down everyone's throat.

read the quote below and you can bet that that is exactly what i think about you and the rest of your thought police gang

- Andrew Carnegie
</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">SO true in my opinion as well ylojk8.

- Andrew Carnegie[/qb][/QUOTE]SO true in my opinion as well ylojk8.[/QB][/QUOTE]

Great tag line. Let's see you’ve pretty much applied it to anyone who has not supported Gailey. But surely you can reach loftier issues to banner it about with. How about:

Churchill on condemning Germany's invasion of Poland or better yet his criticism of Chamberlain’s refusal to prepare England for war.

Martin Luther King's condemnation of discrimination.

The Washington Post's criticism of the Nixon administration’s stonewalling the investigation of the Watergate break-in.

Let's not forget those that protested LBJ's Vietnam policy.

Much easier to address a different opinion with a quote from Andrew Carnegie than to engage your own intellect.

Excellent job of comparing the ridiculous to the sublime, 71Bee!

I would also note that all your critics had a counter-proposal which they were willing to pursue, and did pursue.

Besides, the quote is as much about fools as it is about criticism.

I'm with Beeware: Let a thousand opinions sprout and grow; but if you have one, don't put it out there if you don't want it talked about.

Originally posted by ylojk8:
and your point is 71Bee?
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Apparently, over your head.

You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him crochet.

i bow to your intellectual superiority 71Bee

you are indeed my intellectual superior. and you can come and kiss my assclamation mark

by the by, you assumed that i have plugged everyone who does not support gailey into the "fool" in the carnegie quote.

good job on jumping on the conlusion mat.

if you read very carefully, which will amount to "looking before you leap" on the "conclusion mat", you would have read that i use that quote to plug beeware and his thought police gang and not everyone who doesn't support gailey.

for your reference, a font in stingtalk who was a continual gailey basher made a point that gailey may do well at GT and only time will tell.

this prompted beeware to police his negative thoughts, which he very creatively did so by coming up with some brilliant quotes, including one by Jesse Jackson

here's the link

since beeware is always complaining and condemning, i thought that the carnegie quote fits him very well ..

Back