edited

Um...Nate...
I'll grant you not to judge BOB on either regular season.
The Seattle Bowl was wonderful, but can you explain the Peach Bowl?
I'd enjoy hearing your point of view.
Not trying to be an Jackass

Nate,
I have supported our coaches, given them benefit of the doubt, through the first 11 games of the season.

After Saturday, there is no doubt in my mind. Gailey is the new ingredient in the offense this year. With the beating Tech took on all elements of the game, it's clear to me that we have the wrong head coach.

I haven't been shy about poor performance from our players in the past, but this time they should not take the rap.

I'll say this....
That was his first game and iuf thats a weak excuse so be it. At least were competitive and dint we throw alot of INT's that game? I wish I could say more but it is truly unfair to label BOB as any kind of scapegoat. He works his butt off and is one of the more emotional coaches we have. I wish i could say more

Nate, You're like the perfect poster.
In my mind, I'd like to see a separate QB coach if BOB stays. I think that there have been some gameplan issues. Based on the Sunshine Replay of the FSU game last night: they have a QB coach who calls the plays while the OC gameplans during the week.
Daryl Dickey and Jeff Bowden.

I don't understand why the team wasn't ready.
Like the gator fans say...."cry in your beer, and tell yourselves it will never happen again."

We are all blaming CG but we need someone to come in here who CG will listen to just like when O'leary brought in Fridge.

Fridge ran the offense without interference. CG needs to bring in someone who can a run a sound offense. I think B'OB will continue to be a scapegoat and if we are going to hold CG accountable then we should let him bring in who he wants.

I respect your opinion on this Nate. However, BOB has had 2 different head coaches tell us that BOB is calling the plays and running the offense. Yet everyone wants to blame those head coaches for 'holding BOB back'. We've also had poor QB development under his watch, I think he deserves at least part of the blame for our poor offensive production.

BOB bombed on his first try in the Peach Bowl. He lost to LSU who was picked by the experts to lose to Tech.

BOB went 8-5 with the team we had last year, which was rated in the preseason top ten teams. My opinion is the record would had been worse had it not been for Godsey who was schooled under Friegden.

BOB has continued his career slide as an offensive coordinator this year without Godsey. He has not improved our quarterbacks one iota. He may even be part of the player personnel problem. BOB needs to go, even if Gailey were to walk.

Nate, I respect your playing days and realize you were a fine football player at Tech, but that does not make you a good coach.

Any practical person could look at our situation and know for a fact, BOB will have to go after this year. I don't believe there is any way in hades he can remain at Tech. Any football player thinking they can get rid of Gailey and keep O'Brien are fooling themselves. It will not happen.

If Gailey were to leave, you can bet your donkey BOB will also be sent from Tech if a new coach were to come in.

drinking.gif

...and Billy is the best recruiter on staff.

He was the best recruiter in the past...and we have had great recruiters with Marrone, Kelly, Roof, Mac, etc.

Back