edited

and we thank you and all the GT players for your determination to succeed both academically and athletically.

It is a shame that it appears the framework built up by O'leary is being destroyed. I hope that with all of CG's flaws he may be some type of miracle worker and can figure out a way to beat BYU and Auburn. Because as bad as things are if we could win those two games we will know CG can get the job done.

The opposite is true as well. If we lose those two game or go 1-3 after the first 4 I think the wheels will have come completely off. The wonderful thing about bulletin boards it that it is VERY DIFFICULT to keep people in the dark. Hopefully we can learn from these mistakes and right the ship.

In the end it will be about W's & L's. If CG can get enough in the W column I think he should be supported. If he can't then we need to make changes to solve that problem. It seems like lately this place has resembled Enron, Worldcom, or any other defunct organization.

As great an institution as Ga Tech is they need to find someone with the proper vision to lead it.

A large amount of the framework was built by Dr. Homer Rice. GOL just happened to work in the house.

Nate, as a lettermen, you carry a ton of weight. Let Kim King and the other lettermen know your concerns. You guys know the inner workings much more clearly than do the fans and regular alumni.

The thing that really bothers me the most about all this - forget the winning and losing part - is that we like to think we have something special here at Tech. The SA's who come here know it will be hard, but we tell them "we'll get you through - we won't let you down". And they say "Yes, I know it will be more difficult, but I am coming anyways". That's why GT SA'a are special to me.

Nate, I recall reading a quote attributed to you when you were released from the NFL. If I recall, you said something to the effect of "I'll be okay. It's not like they told me I have cancer".

To me, that's an analogy to this situation. It hurts, but it will not kill Tech football. We won't let it - the alumni, the lettermen, those who worked everyday to make it a better place from the inside - we are the stake holders in GT and its athletic traditions. There have been much greater perils than this in the past, and GT has overcome them thru the hard work of great people.

If Braine, Cloug, Moore, Galiey - whomever - if they are the problems, we won't let them stand in the way.

Back