Empty vs Another Team's fans

law_bee

Dodd-Like
Empty vs Another Team\'s fans

I have seen MANY post complaining about:

1. other people buying season tickets
2. other fans in BDS

and etc.

Would you rather the stadium be empty? Do you think the players would?

I am not saying that I would not rather have GT people there b/c of course I would. However at the present time we GT fans only put so many in the stadium. I personally would rather have a non-GT fan come and support us financially then no $$ from an empty seat.

I point to one other factor about the crowd being hostile.

3 of the greatest games in GT modern history were on the road

1990 @UVA
2000 @clemson (the "catch") maybe that was 99
1998 @FSU lil joes performance was probably best QB performance in GT history

in fact if you look at HOME vs Road it seems that often we play better

Re: Empty vs Another Team\'s fans

Interesting Law_Bee,

A winning team draws fans to the stadium. If we field a team that is ranked, plays an exciting brand of football, wins the games it's susposed to win and upsets a few teams along the way, those that are worried about filling the stands will have less to worry about.

Just guessing, that more than a few empty seats have been corporations with season tickets that "no-showed"; at least we got the $$.

Many times a previous Tech Alumna does well in his career, and his company buys blocks of tickets for his clientele.

Some of these people may become fans of Tech due to attending the games. In my opinion, I think it is always best to have a sell-out game, regardless of the loyalty of the fans present.

If the game is a sell-out, and the majority of the fans are for the opponent, it still gives Tech an extra boost for the stadium to be full both money-wise and emotionally. It gives the Tech players extra incentive to send home the majority of the opposing fans with a loss.

I see no positive in a seat being empty regardless of the loyalty of the fan.

wink.gif

As much as having the stadium full for monetary reasons, I would rather see our fans then their's. That being said, Tech should be finding ways to make that happen. Tech wants GT fans in the stands. I hope we didn't go through this renovation to see red/black, orange/blue and whatever else color coming to BDS.

We need some promotions to entice those who are more inclined to the WHITE AND GOLD! This can happen if people in charge will get off their duffs and make something happen!

Originally posted by Thomsonjacket:
Well, there are four less seats to worry about ! this is the first year i have been able to buy season tickets with out it being a strain on the ole budget! I intend on renewing them every year from now on too!
drinking.gif
Oh and by the way the family and I are looking forward to meetimg some of ya'll this year!
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">CONGRATULATIONS!!! I think that's great. We need more like you!! I have told my daughter that when I am old and can't walk anymore - we will move to the handicap section and continue to be there for the Jackets in my wheelchair!
grin.gif

i hope to meet some of yall as well this fall. my brother and i get season tickets every year and i drive up from alabama for every game. usually tail-gate on the street down from the varsity right up from the tunnel under the interstate. you can't miss me. camo hat, mustache and a t-bone on the grill!
drinking.gif

Between empty seats or visiting fans over +/-1000, I'd vote for the empty seats.
BOO

Originally posted by bobby dodds ghost:
Between empty seats or visiting fans over +/-1000, I'd vote for the empty seats.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">BDG,
Odds are you are going to see both.

If the end of the season games against ugag and Fresno St. are any indication of what is coming down the pike, you are likely to see the new stadium seats full of Auburn and ugag and klimpsum fans and then empty for the lesser games.

Keep hope alive.
--Jesse Jackson

Well, there are four less seats to worry about ! this is the first year i have been able to buy season tickets with out it being a strain on the ole budget! I intend on renewing them every year from now on too!
drinking.gif
Oh and by the way the family and I are looking forward to meetimg some of ya'll this year!

Originally posted by huntnbee:
i hope to meet some of yall as well this fall. my brother and i get season tickets every year and i drive up from alabama for every game. usually tail-gate on the street down from the varsity right up from the tunnel under the interstate. you can't miss me. camo hat, mustache and a t-bone on the grill!
drinking.gif
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Stop by our tailgate on Techwood. We're right across the street from the BDS on the corner of Techwood and Bobby Dowd Way. Join us for a few!
drinking.gif

Back