Enough with the personal attacks on CG.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BeeStorm

The Dark Side of the Force
Ok guys, I don't want to see any more personal attacks on Coach Gailey. This includes any "cute" respellings of his name. You got a problem with his coaching style? Criticize it intelligently. I don't think I need to say anything more about this.

there are many posts personally attacking that man, and those posts have nothing constructive. please nuke their posts also. i would expect this from the hive not from here.

anyway, i wasnt making fun of him. i was giving a name to his style, and it just happens that in order to pronounce it, it had to be spelled a certain way.

whatever

i wont "personally attack" that man anymore. 51 - 7 speaks for itself.

What's the big deal? The guy's not a baby. He makes a million dollars a year.

It comes with the territory. If can't take some criticism then he shouldn't be a head college football coach.

'storm didn't say not to critize the man, he said to stop the personal attacks. Run down his professional performance all you want, that's what he's paid for, but leave the personal stuff out of it. Reguardless of whether he's a good coach or not, he's a fine man with integrity and a family. Personal attacks are inappropriate.

Beestorm, hope I didn't put words in your mouth! Let me know if I'm outta line here....

This is hilarious. You folks think any GT admin gives a s*** in h*** about what you say here?

I'm just sure CG reads this crap and feels like Charlie Brown after Lucy pulls the football away.

HarHarHar, ow my side hurts, oh good grief!

goldtoof, I agree that what we say here is basically irrelevant to anybody in the "GT admin". But what Beestorm is saying that on HIS board, he won't allow certain stuff.

I've argued with him about a similar situation, but in the end, he gets to make the call, in fact he HAS to make the call, about what is kosher here.

My own theory is that stupid posts are recognized by everyone as just that, and so shouldn't be censored. At the same time, I acknowledge that he, not me, makes that call. And frankly I'm glad that he and gtfan are as comfortable with the wide array of opinions here as they are. Maybe the post that got censored went beyond stupid (I didn't see it) into slander or something, which perhaps they would be liable for.

At any rate, this board has a minuscule rate of censorship compared to others I have visited, and I think it's up there with the very best on the net. In fact, I can't think of a better one.

Are you referring to "Coach DULL"? That is funny but I would not want him to see it cause nobody wants to hurt anyone else's feelings. Personality is something that one cannot really change. It is like making fun of the way one looks. Be nice if we had a place we could go where officials could not go. He-he.

Originally posted by goldtoof:
This is hilarious. You folks think any GT admin gives a s*** in h*** about what you say here?
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">The only thing that matters is what *I* think with regards to administration of this website. I said enough with the child-like name calling only. I dont care what you say about him with regards to football, his coaching ability, or his million dollar paycheck, but changing the letters of his name for your amusement or calling him names is behavior left for the playground at your elementary school. I think that most of our users know this, but apparently I needed to point it out to a select few.

I let the name calling slide in the past when it was in the context of threads, but when a user begins a new thread for the purpose of "cute" plays on CG's last name, I had to draw the line. Sorry if this makes you uncomfortable, but those of you that have been here a while know its very rare that I feel the need to step in and correct "problems" and it irritates me when I have to do it.
wink.gif

I guess there's a reason why they call you 'BeeStorm'?! Thanx for enforcing the protocols.

drinking.gif
drinking.gif

it is a "cheapshot" plain and simple and it reflects more on the poster and the fanbase than it does on the coach

And if I am a visitor here and I see people leveling cheapshots at their coach how do you think that looks?

Cheapshot people are the same people that will call a student's home and leave an idiot message on his machine.

Ok, ok, I agree, no need to get hive-like.

I don't know who the big daddies are on this board and don't think it's all that important since that information was not conveyed when joining.

Although, it seems you would like to step outside.
grin.gif

Originally posted by BeeStorm:
The only thing that matters is what *I* think
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">By the way, Beestorm, you don't have to use those klutzy asterisks for emphasis, bold is availabe here.

Know your board.

Hey, BEEStorm, I agree with you on the personal attacks. After the game Sat., I wanted to run him out of town on a rail, but, of course, we all know that is not the way to handle anything. Likewise, I think some posters are funny with the name thing, but we all know that is not the way to handle anything. So, once again, common sense prevails.

FWIW, this board is so good and so much fun that we need to do whatever is asked of us to keep it. One should never compare these moderators to the "5". We have a lot more freedom here.

Originally posted by bellyseries:
By the way, Beestorm, you don't have to use those klutzy asterisks for emphasis, bold is availabe here.

Know your board.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Just because I know I can do it, doesnt mean that I want to put forth the effort to do it.
grin.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back