ESPN Actively Trying to Devalue the ACC

LSU was completely humiliated by FSU. Not just beaten, but absolutely curb-stomped in that second half. But yeah, the ACC has some serious woes... sure. And as they said. SC lost to UNC, too. If anyone should be worried, it's the SEC who is notorious for playing cupcakes the first several weeks of the season, and the few who didn't faired poorly.

Anyone have an idea on why ESPN has such a strong anti-ACC bias? I'm trying to figure out the money angle ... maybe cannon fodder for SEC (a large portion of ESPN's viewership aka revenue?) , who feels butthurt after being embarrassed by FSU on a neutral field?

LSU was completely humiliated by FSU. Not just beaten, but absolutely curb-stomped in that second half. But yeah, the ACC has some serious woes... sure. And as they said. SC lost to UNC, too. If anyone should be worried, it's the SEC who is notorious for playing cupcakes the first several weeks of the season, and the few who didn't faired poorly.

Anyone have an idea on why ESPN has such a strong anti-ACC bias? I'm trying to figure out the money angle ... maybe cannon fodder for SEC (a large portion of ESPN's viewership aka revenue?) , who feels butthurt after being embarrassed by FSU on a neutral field?
They want the ACC to implode and form the super league

They want the ACC to implode and form the super league
I think you're right.

I just find it odd how ESPN considers the ACC differently than other major conferences. When FSU is good, they consider FSU separate from ACC. Same goes for Clemson, Miami, and VT. Odd how the ACC is the only conference subjected to that way of thinking.

I think you're right.

I just find it odd how ESPN considers the ACC differently than other major conferences. When FSU is good, they consider FSU separate from ACC. Same goes for Clemson, Miami, and VT. Odd how the ACC is the only conference subjected to that way of thinking.
This has been the same story for the last 20 years. It is incredibly frustrating. Hopefully our fans will quit internalizing it.

And it is likely the fault of the Carolina Mafia for rounding up the wagons for YEARS for UNC, Duke, Wake, NC State and UVA

Louisville and Duke beat ACC opponents, the ACC went 2-1 vs the SEC, and went 8-2 outside of the conference. Really is a stupid ass article.
But the ACC only managed to be .500 in conference play. You can't get more mediocre than that, bro! If the ACC wants to become dominate, we have to improve on that stat. That's where the SEC separates itself from everyone else.

I pay attention to ESPN for live games, College Football Final and that's about it. Hell, I quit watching GameDay a couple of years ago. I couldn't care less who the guest picker is, whether it's Roy Clark, Carl Perkins or Eddie Van Halen (which would be hard, since they're all dead), or even what campus they're at, other than to tell the nearby bars to order a lot more liquor with Fowler and Herbie in town.
Haven't watched a SportsCenter in years.

ESPN = the mainstream media of sports
They're more interested in covering the social issues, and perceived injustices associated with said issues rather than sticking strictly to the entertainment side of sports. They got by for years on schtick with the likes of Berman, Vitale, etc. which breathed an air of freshness into the broadcasts. The network brass forgot that most viewers watch to get away from the day to day BS occurring in their lives, and the last thing they wanted to hear about was the same everyday crap being heard on the news and at the water cooler.
ESPN personalities have sucked for a long time, and over saturation of sporting events in general is killing interest.

They're more interested in covering the social issues, and perceived injustices associated with said issues rather than sticking strictly to the entertainment side of sports. They got by for years on schtick with the likes of Berman, Vitale, etc. which breathed an air of freshness into the broadcasts. The network brass forgot that most viewers watch to get away from the day to day BS occurring in their lives, and the last thing they wanted to hear about was the same everyday crap being heard on the news and at the water cooler.
ESPN personalities have sucked for a long time, and over saturation of sporting events in general is killing interest.

lol.. Don't even get me started. From the ESPYs, etc.

maybe they are trying to pump up the SEC so they can sell it to FOX.. then they'll pump the other conferences back up after the sale.. they know fox aint buying the ACC anytime soon

I think you're right.

How did VT get in that list? What have they ever done?

Back