ESPN Bowl Predictions

chilidogking

Damn Good Rat
Cliick for ESPN Bowl Predictions

Here's the latest ESPN Bowl Predictions. Obviously Rece Davis has done his homework since he doesn't have us in a bowl game. Seems logical to me that we will win at least 2/3 vs. Duke, UNC, and UVA. I find it unlikely that we will finish 7th in the conference with a 5-3 record....

Interesting stuff though - none of them think we will make the Gator. Maybe this should be locker room material?

Look further down the page. He has us in the Las Vegas Bowl against Air Force. Typically that game is for the fifth place Pac-10 team.

Vegas is a much better venue than San Jose and I like the idea of visiting different bowls than usual, but I don't expect our team to finish that poorly. The only way something like that happens is if we are the lowest of seven bowl eligible teams in the ACC and the Pac-10 runs out of bowl eligible teams.

Notice Rece Davis has us going nowhere and Auburn going to the Cotton Bowl.

Wake up Rece

?????What are you guys talking about

Ivan - GT v. Pitt Tire
Gene - GT v. Texas Tech Tangerine
Rece - GT v. Air Force Las Vegas
Dave - GT v. UT Peach

I like the sound of GT vs. VPI in Jacksonville. VPI is almost a lock for the Gator at this point after losing to an unranked team and staring down almost certain defeat this weekend against Miami.

If we lose to Virginia or UGA or both, the Peach would be a nice consolation if we drew Tennessee, Florida or Alabama.

With 2 more wins I think the lowest we'd end up is the Tangerine against a Big 12 school (think Texas Tech, Oklahoma State, Kansas).

Absolute worst would be a winter trip to Charlotte!

Originally posted by GT flunkout:

If we lose to Virginia or UGA or both, the Peach would be a nice consolation if we drew Tennessee, Florida or Alabama.

[/QB]
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Alabama still has a bowl ban for this year and even if they didn't it is looking like they would not be eligible anyways. 3 and 6 right now with games left against Miss State, LSU, Auburn, and Hawaii.

Back