Evaluation of GT 2004 Football continued Receivers

RamblinRRL

Varsity Lurker
Evaluation of GT 2004 Football continued Receivers

Receivers
Entering the season we have a lot of question marks outside of Nate Curry @ WR... but once again the intangibles seem to be falling into place so answers are positive imho...

5th year SR Nate Curry leads an underrated and unknown (media wise) receiving corps but they comprise a talented group of WR's nonetheless:
SR Levon Thomas, JR-RS Damarius Bilbo, SO-RS Xavier McGuire and SR-RS Mark Logan and SO Chris Dunlap are joined by highly regarded FR Calvin Johnson all may get into the mix... Again honestly Nate imho is the only "known quantity" to start the season and holds one of the two WR starting slots...
So question
#1 Will Levon have the breakout season so many of us beelieve he's due for? He certainly has the speed and athletic abilities its now or never...
#2 Will Damarius harness his talent and make a big splash at WR? I feel real positive on this one being a "yes" Bilbo has represented himself and GT very well in entertaining recruits and gives the appearance of a focused team leader…
#3 Will CJ perform at the amazing level of his preseason drills? Again I feel positive CJ will contribute early and often (1st game on) and his size, speed and jumping really opens up a lot possibilities for GT and problems for our opponents (I also beelieve CJ will go for 500+ yds W/10 TDs breaking FR receiving records)
#4 Will Mark become a reliable possession receiver? That’s a needed role in any offense and Mark’s shown flashes and again its now or never...
#5 Will Xavier and Chris contribute this season? Both are looking very good at WR in the preseason also great news since you need at least five players to man the WR positions Xavier has the height to cause match up problems as well especially if teamed with CJ...

Catching the ball is only part of the equation blocking is an essential part of the WRs assignment leading to the final question
#6 Will the WRs block well as a group? Nate and Levon both did well blocking last year, the books still out on the rest but I'm optimistic of course...

5th year Darius Williams appears to be the heir apparent at TE with SO-RS George Cooper is set to contribute as well both have good size... Darius displayed good blocking skills last year and made a great catch verses Auburn… George has a lot of potential and should play a good bit… SR-RS Gavin Tarquinio showed promise in the spring before once again being slowed by injuries… JR-RS Michael Matthews may help after being switched from FB completing the TE depth chart

Back