Excellent article on QB recruit Pat Carter (link)

CrackerJacket

Flats Noob
Sounds like recruits are impressed with CCG. Pat
Carter says he was going to wait until signing day
but was so blown away that he went ahead and made
his choice in December.

St Pete Times Article Link

CCG also told him he would get playing time early,
which sounds to me like the QB race will definitely
be wide open.

Chan also said "Bilbo is too good an athlete to be holding a clipboard," and Suggs was the starter going into spring practice. I can't believe he would be telling QB's they will play their first year when they have not even set foot on campus yet. Did he tell Ball and Pena the same thing? Instead maybe Chan could have phrased it as you will be given a fair shot at playing.

Originally posted by Wrecked:
Chan also said "Bilbo is too good an athlete to be holding a clipboard," and Suggs was the starter going into spring practice. I can't believe he would be telling QB's they will play their first year when they have not even set foot on campus yet. Did he tell Ball and Pena the same thing? Instead maybe Chan could have phrased it as you will be given a fair shot at playing.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Its entirely possible that Chan told him he would
be able to compete for the job. A confident kid
will often translate that to something like "I'll
be playing" because he believes he will win the
competition and get the position.

See...we can spin it any direction we want.

The fact of the matter is Carter was blown away
by his visit and committed months earlier than
he had planned.

There is nothing to spin. I am quoting the kid in the paper. He said he would play next season. He did not mention competing or thinking he might get on the field. Now unless the reporter misquoted him, which is possible, somebody told the kid that.

i saw highlights of carter on the sunshine ntw
on satellite yesterday... he looked VERY good!
they also showed reshaun grant.ditto
grin.gif
i think we've got some gooduns headed to the flats!

Originally posted by Wrecked:
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Bilbo did play.
wink.gif

There wasn't a quote from Coach Gailey anywhere stating Suggs is the starter going into the Spring. That was Hollis stating that with no quote.

There isn't a quote from Coach Gailey saying that Pat Carter would play next year. There isn't even a quote from Pat Carter saying that. I read the article and what the writer stated, but there was no quote. Just about his visit, how well it went and that basicly another school wanted him as athlete which basicly meant not playing QB. I think he'll get his shot at QB at GT first.

I'm glad Pat Carter has verbaled to GT. Thanks for the link CrackerJ.

Young Mr Carter should make an excellent WR. That 4.4 speed is hard to pass up getting on the field. Reminds me of Nate Curry coming in.

Back