"execution"

The only notable "better execution" I have been able to discern is drastically more accurate passing.
Really? Do a game-for-game comparison of MTSU, Kansas, and our FCS opponent last year and this year. I think we have executed better in every area offensively this year versus last year in those games. The OL is executing their assignments far better, and they're getting out of blocks and onto linebackers much more effectively. I recall many times early last year when Uzzi went to block a LB and came up with air. Not seeing that this year.

The WR and AB perimeter blocking is worlds better. The pass pro is worlds better. Watch last year's Kansas game and you'll see Nesbitt running for his life. TW got plenty of time to throw Saturday.

TW is a much better pocket passer, and guys are catching the ball. Even the ball carriers are doing a better job of beating tacklers on the perimeter and following their blocks and the flow of play.

This could all fall apart against a better D, but apples-to-apples last year versus this year there's no comparison.

Cheese, I guess that's what we're all eager to see Saturday. My guess (and part of it is just hope) is that we have become better blockers at the LOS than we were against Iowa. I don't expect it to come easy as it has so far, but I don't expect to be pushed around like we were against Iowa either. Add the point others are making that we have a passing game this year, and we should put up some serious points.

Back