Expansion= anti-trust violations?

bizzybee

Damn Good Rat
Heard that thrown out on FOX Sports radio a little while ago. The guy (national) said that there is some mumbling in Washington regarding that. Wish we could hurry up and get this done. The longer it takes, the more problems popping up.
pat.gif

Makes you wonder why it was not an anti-trust matter when other conferences expanded?

Father Time
confused.gif

Bizzy, I received an Email from a dawg friend of mine this morning. I told him the same thing, that we might soon have a replacement for Dooley.

laugh.gif

the problem with this is that the NCAA sets the bar at TWELVE teams to have a conference championship and the SEC and the Big 12 both acted on that.

Unless congress is going after the NCAA then the Big 12 and then the SEC I really do not see anything coming out of this.

The reality is Miami is losing money and they don't like it. If congress wants to levy a tax on all the other conferences to keep the big east afloat then that might keep Miami there.

I think this is much ado about nothing.

To steal from Bill O'Reilley "The most rediculous item of the day"......

What a time we have come to when Senators/Congressmen/women get off their duffs....for WHAT???????? to rectify their past mistakes? to help those nearly completely unable to help themselves? to show mercy to those who are hurting? to solve the tax situation?? to calm the problems they themselves have created over the years?? To do what they were elected to do????
NO, NO, NO,..... to (try to) influence collegiate athletics...(there has to be a million more bucks somewhere in this) meanwhile, the country flounders from lack of moral, committed, common sense, unselfish leadership in congress (both houses).....Pardon my pessimism: "We are in a mess in this country"...the politician's pockets overrun with $$ while the average citizen fights to make ends meet because they have to pay for unscrupously passed bills from Washington.......okay, forgive me please: an overlap in where this should be.....sorry.
Maybe Friday for me has become "Steam Day".

Ahso, one would think our "revered" politicians had more impt. matters to tend to. You are right about previous expansions. No questions asked. Just as ridiculous: UGA fans wanting Governor to get involved with Dooley situation!

I've got an AD for them! Shhhh, Bizzy. That's not nice.
shocked.gif

Vive la difference! (Pardon my French)

Isn't it amazing how vastly different the AD's in this State are viewed by their schools. The one school that really needs its President to become aggressive about athletics is the very one that is content with mediocrity, at best!

So sad....*sigh*
frown.gif

Techsamillion, you are so right on about politicians. They sneakily slip in pay raises for themselves all the time! Being a Senator or Representative was once upon a time an honorable position. The purpose was to SERVE for a period and then return to their original jobs. This career politician concept has corrupted. Power has become the goal and not SERVING THE COUNTRY.

So sad....
frown.gif
*sigh*

Back