Expansion Vote Question

GTPilot

Flats Noob
If Miami has indeed been approved (or will be soon) that leaves an interesting question. Will the three no vote system still be in place or will Miami be allowed to be the qualifying seventh vote on the rest of the teams? I'm not up to date on how the veto process currently is spelled out in the current guidelines so any info anyone can provide would be appreciated.

Also, seems wierd that everyone would approve Miami without also planning to add two other teams. Do you think they have all agreed to go to 12 teams but maybe haven't decided which 2 additional teams to add? Or do they intend to actually only have 10 teams?

Takes 7 get get a yes vote. If I read correctly the charter (when the charter was written) it takes 75% to approve. To me that indicates some forward thinking was going on by the writers of the charter. But some one check me out on this as at time the San Antonio papers are not completely correct.

I'm opposed and against ACC expansion unless the integrity of the ACC is maintained, i.e.-the ACC remains a Southern conference. I don't want to see the ACC "whored out" for the sake of $$$.
No school north of Maryland belongs in the ACC. The Big East Conference is the natural place for the northern schools.
Miami, Virginia Tech and West Virginia are regional schools to the ACC, and they would make logical additions if expansion is inevitable.
Regional rivalries are the name of the game.

ACC expansion:

North Division

Miami
Maryland
Virginia
Virginia Tech
West Virginia
Wake Forest

South Division

Clemson
Duke
FSU