Expect more of the same!

Jerry the Jacket

Jolly Good Fellow
For those of us hoping for a new and improved approach for the Bowl game, you can pretty well forget about that.

I just read that Bilbo has a hairline fracture in his foot. Those kind of injuries do not heal quickly, so in essence Bilbo has been removed from the equation for the Bowl game.

This means Suggs and Jonathon Smith are the only 2 options available. Seeing how CCG has put his money on Suggs, you can expect he will be the starter and play most of the reps. Our depleted running corps, forces us to throw the ball and I can assure you our opponent will focus on pressure with 4 and cover with 7.

The defense will be tested just from a time of possession standpoint and if they fold their tent like they did in Athens, we will be in for another ugly, embarassing episode.

I would like to think the pride and great tradition of Georgia Tech in Bowl games would rally us to a high level of motivation and effort, but realistically, if we show no more fire than we did against our arch rival, it will be a long, humiliating day.

I am an optimist at heart and will continue to hope we will find a way to rise up and do something to honor the great tradiiton of Georgia Tech football. After the last 2 displays by this team, I am left to expect the worse.

Go Jackets!

not all is lost man.....we just need the defense to show up and they will put us in a position to win. Frankly I am pleased that it is Bilbo and not Suggs with the injury. Talk about 1 dimensional. We still have three backs who can carry the ball well and have done so in previous games. But the most important things to keep in mind are the UVA and NC State games. If that team shows up in San Jose, we will win big. I am not trying to insult you but how can you and the others have already forgotten those big games? )I know the UGA game was bad but at worst we have a 2/3 chance of the right team showing up for FSU.

Techrod,
Although I agree with some of your thoughts insulting a person just because he disagrees with you is uncalled for,especially when you are speaking of the future.
If your scenario works out then comment but until then cool it with the personal attacks.I dislike the results of this team as much as you but there is a limit.

ALA Golg, I disdain the remark he said about the injury. The Id. should have said [if there had to be an injury]. I totally hope I never meet this l_w l__e in person. He owes everyone an apology!

techrod, if you can read that post and take from it that he is happy Bilbo is injured you have some issues to deal with. Just because he didn't take the extra time to add "if there had to be an injury" it is an insult to suggest (which I think you are doing) that he is pleased Bilbo is hurt. The tone of the post is clearly his opinion that at this point we need Suggs more than we need Bilbo.

Now I may not agree with that assessment, but I certainly didn't think he was hoping for a kid to be hurt. I think you owe him an apology. Next time why not ask what somebody means first? Or at least post it as a reply to what you think another poster said and give them a chance to correct their point.

And before you go to far with this, if I have misunderstood your point I apologize to you and invite you to clarify. Although from the way you responded, I don't know what else you can be talking about.

Nc jacket, You probably are right about his injury remark, however I believe he is the one who should have thought out what was posted.With this thought I don't blieve I owe him an apology at all. I do respect your trying clear this up!

Guys, I think we are reading too much into these posting issues. Now, techrod, nobody in their right mind would be pleased that Bilbo is hurt. I think we all need to calm down. The consensus should be any bowl game is better than none and no matter who is quarterbacking, we have a chance to win. If our defense shows up, and if Suggs can play like he did on Homecoming against UVA or like he did in Raleigh, we can win. Yes, we can win, no matter who we play, where we play, or what bowl game we play in.

Back