F$U has a HARD time playing the Victim........

I love it!!! Like this stuff is suddenly a tactic in recruiting and that worse has not been committed by FSU and/or its supporters. Hey, sounds to me like FSU has a tiger, oops, gator by the tail!!! Hard to hang on and disasterous to let go!.
I have never been a big fan of either(except vs. Georgia) , but FSU has had so many stinkingly, pompous, "nose in the air", a..hole fans over the past several years, that it is fun to see them squirm: singularly or collectively. Long live Ron Zook!!!!!!!! Zookum!!!!!

in the midst of all this, i take great pride in our recruiting staff while recruiting Kenny Scott.

"Georgia Tech said, 'We're going to sell you ourselves. We're not going to be trying to backstab anybody else.' That helped me make up my mind. It came out to where my heart was."
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">web page

Originally posted by ylojk8:
in the midst of all this, i take great pride in our recruiting staff while recruiting Kenny Scott.

"Georgia Tech said, 'We're going to sell you ourselves. We're not going to be trying to backstab anybody else.' That helped me make up my mind. It came out to where my heart was."
[/QUOTE
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Great attitude by the coaching staff! Eventually empty promises and malicious intent will come back and bite you in the @$$.
lightningzap.gif

Maybe someone will throw a little light on a question that popped into my mind upon a second reading of the article.
One of the greatest things I admired about O'L was his emphasis on recruiting. We all remember, of course, the reference comparing daily shaving and recruiting (which by the way, always brought a certain thrill to my heart.)
Now Zook is saying, he can hardly wait for next recruiting season which they can get into immediately after next year's schedule is over.
Now, I know that Florida HAS to be about recruiting before that, but his statement is still a little confusing.
As a matter of fact (after O'L's constant reminders) I just hope that we have already erased the old board and are hot on the trail for next year already with whatever preliminaries that need to be done.
A second question: For those of you who remember the article on Mac Brown's recruiting procedures, can anyone tell me how to recover that gem? That was one of the most impressionable pieces I have ever read. O.k., then why did I not save it? I have already asked myself that many times.

Back