F$U major concern

jasper_thanks

Varsity Lurker
A terrible thought occured to me today.

How many of ya'll remeber Mickey Andrews taking little Joe out of the game (hurt) 3 out of 4 years. F$U is the dirtiest team ever. And here we are again with a freshman 5'10" QB.

I'll bet money that they're game plan is to take away the run and brutalize Ball. We may score a few points early throwing the ball but year after year that is their game plan.

Blitz every down (rotating 5 players a down...they have the talent at backups); have the CB's pass interfere on every play and get caught only 10% of the time (home field); and put Ball on the turf every down.

This always takes away the run game (making tech one dimensional) and hitting Ball so much that he loses all confidence.

You don't believe me...take a look at the old tapes. 3 years ago at Bobbly Dodd FSU had 5 ruffing the passer penalties and over 50+ yards in pass interference (that was they comming off 3 straight games we should have won with Hamilton).

But after all that I still think we will win
27-23.
wink.gif

look for alot of option by Tech and 3+ ints from Chris Rix.

Can't play scared and win.

This OL does a good job of pass protection.

Ball doesn't run as much as Hamilton did, so he shouldn't take as many shots.

I think Ralph showed this week that the option won't work against the Noles.

Kirbee: I think you are abso about the option (as much as I love it)..hopefully/prayerfully our coaches will realize the same thing. I was soooo glad we ran the fake punt Saturday. Anyone have thoughts on the QB draw?
They will probably be waiting anxiously for this, IMHO. I hope we can form a "not-predictable" reputation. We, I honestly believe, have a QB with the tools to do it all, and a cast of running/throwing characters that can rip anyone if the breaks go right, and as long as he/they are properly coached and play to the best of his ability. I have loved him from the day that you "practice guys" began to describe him and his capabilities.
The bounce of the ball is a complete neccessity in this case; and our guys playing their hearts out "again", with the coaches doing their best ever jobs.
Mighty big job order: but possible.
My (personal) main concern: Rix running!! O.K. anyone/everyone: ready for the feed. No one is right/wrong and opinions are freely invited. Don't worry about me, say what you want: My skin is like an alligator (still in the egg).
wink.gif
grin.gif
wink.gif

Look out for Darnell Docket...he plays dirty and has no regard for natural athletic competition.

Back