F$U v. Ugag

law_bee

Dodd-Like
was surfing on the F$U boards and all they care about is how UF has problems without their DC.

You read the F$U section of tallahassee paper and it reads like a Miami Vice episode

This is a FACTUAL statement.

"Former F$U starting QB, who is under felony indictment for forging a check from a booster that has contributed over 1 MILLION dollars to the F$U program, is NOW under investigation for Gambling by the State's law enforcement."

Actual quote from coach

"Good gosh, that's the No. 1 priority in the NCAA right now," Bowden said. "It's one of our biggest scares, but we cannot find anything."
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">I just want one of these teams to drop a 'half dollar' on the other. I want a complete smash and grab and I dont care which one wins. I see plusses coming out of a blowout on both side.

Final thought with Rix blowing off his exams (I know he has personal problems, but there are ways to handle situations like that) I don't see how Bowden will be able to survive this.

I would expect him to announce retirement after the Bowl Game.

It is probably only a matter of time before the NCAA flatfoots make there way down to the panhandle.

I live in Florida and our paper said other football players are suspected also. I now believe that the uga-FSU game, which a few days ago I was favoring FSU, I now favor uga by a landslide plus. Las Vegas had pulled this game last time I looked. FSU program is in collapse. Bowden is history imo. I don't know who will be first to go, Lott or Bowden.

I've said all along that I hope Richt would replace Bowden when he goes. From what I understand, Mrs. Richt has strong family ties to Tallahassee. Here's to Mrs. Richt's preference to Panhandle rednecks over Ga. rednecks!!!
BOO

I've said all this year that Bowden will step down due to the uncertainty about him continuing will be hurting recruiting. These problems will just exacerbate the likelyhood of his departure. .

In defense of Rix, he is an excellent student that will be graduating on time. Oversleeping and missing a final was inexcusable, but he's not a jock that's just going to class simply to remain eligible - He will actually have a degree.

Crazy and honestly sad to see this stuff. Do you sense some of them hate the other more than they like their own team? Could say the same thing about some of our fans and our fans to the northeast.
wink.gif

Wonder if any of this will affect recruiting. There are some guys on our board that are on those boards as well. Kenny Scott is a biggen. Not that I want Kenny to come to GT because of negatives anywhere else per say. Want Kenny here because he feels this is the best place for him to get an education and play major college football, so he can help us win championships.
blue.gif

Go Jackets!!!

BTW Law, are you doing all this research in Rome Italy? hehe Have to love it if so. The Law is in Rome investigating GT's college football surroundings.
wink.gif
It's all about GT huh?
tongue.gif

I agree that FSU's program is imploding, which makes me all the more angry that we didn't beat them this year. What gives? Why can't we get over the hump with these guys?

As for those thinking that Richt will go back to Tally....No Frickin' Way. It will not happen. I never thought I'd say this. But he's better off at Georgia.

Originally posted by law_bee:
Final thought with Rix blowing off his exams (I know he has personal problems, but there are ways to handle situations like that) I don't see how Bowden will be able to survive this.

I would expect him to announce retirement after the Bowl Game.

It is probably only a matter of time before the NCAA flatfoots make there way down to the panhandle.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">You had the guts to say it here before me. Have been thinking the same thing. Hearing in Atlanta, diff places on radio, Rix broke up with his GT and missed two exams the next day. Not sure what truth there is to all that, but not good.

Have a lot of respect for Rix in all honesty. Feel for him in regards to anything he might be going through. Sometimes you learn leasons the hard way. Without knowing the situation really don't want to lay the hammer of Rix. I wish Rix all the best. God Bless the young man.

Back