F$U- will Bobby survive (LINK)

law_bee

Dodd-Like
http://www.cavalierdaily.com/CVArticle.asp?ID=15873&pid=1004

Also included in the investigators' report were allegations that FSU head coach Bobby Bowden received a phone call from a former Seminole, now in the NFL, who allegedly told Bowden that he suspected McPherson had thrown Florida State's Nov. 23 game against N.C. State. The Seminoles lost the game, 17-7, and McPherson completed only 8 of 20 passes for 80 yards and ran the ball seven times for two yards in the game.

The identity of the former FSU player who made the phone call was not released.

There is no concrete evidence that McPherson may have bet against FSU, but his cell phone records do indicate that he called the online booking company twice on Nov. 18, 2002 and twice more on Nov. 20?-just three days before the game.

Investigators stated that Bowden acknowledged in a November 2002 interview that he received the former player's phone call following the N.C. State game. Bowden was interviewed a second time as the investigation continued into 2003. A transcript of the second interview, held Jan. 14, 2003, revealed a reversal of position by Bowden. He is quoted as stating under oath that "I can't even recall a pro or former pro or former player calling me ... I guess I've had so many calls between now and then, I can't even hardly put my finger on what it was about."
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">When people start the "I can't recall" or the "I have had SO MANY phone calls" stuff I think the writing is on the wall.

The NCAA will be coming down on this one it is just a matter of time.

I know they deserve it, but this is so bad for a team the likes of FSU and what's worse it's pretty darn bad for our conference as a whole. This is the kinda crap that's supposed to be happening to the SEC, not us.
pat.gif

We all know BB is one of the biggest liars of all the coaches in the ACC. He spoke at my church and profesed(sp) to being such a christian, a few days later he was on TV and everything he said made a lie out of what he said in church. Is it time for the DEATH penalty at FSU commonly know as the Florida State Criminols?

I'm so sick of F$U. Rev. Bobby's practically running a halfway house down there with so many criminals on the team. I wish the NCAA would bury their arses, but I don't see it happening (at least while he's still around) - Bobby has too much pulling power with the NCAA to get put on probation IMHO.

This college football fan isn't going to throw stones at other programs. I just hope we stay clean. Has nothing to do with what happens at other programs.

Sorry, honesty is the best policy: Must confess, that I think the FSU program is exploitative (new word?) above all others--exception-- just for consistentcy, conviction, and fun: UGAG--
Would love to see them just a half notch below the next to last team in the ACC. Aw, shoot, make that a full notch!!
smile.gif

OFFOC

Back