Famous Jameis not so Skrong.

interesting the pressure of big time sports in today's camera phone, twitter, and facebook universe. If off the field behavior really becomes a consideration it could be a whole new coat of paint on the old barn.

IF they lose this game and win the rest it will be an interesting debate going forward.

speaking of Cam Newton

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cam_Newton

according to Wiki Cam committed what appears to be a felony but appears to have gotten his life together.

I live in Charlotte and you cannot go into the Mall (Northlake) without seeing big Cam newton billboards supporting hospital and the community.

Also he has his own clothing line in Belk.

I do think F$U brings this on themselves for not policing the athletes. Maybe things have changed since I went to college but jumping on a table and screaming obscenities? I have to believe he and other athletes at F$U, Ugag, and Aubawn, and etc. think they do whatever they want to do. A small amount of oversight would change their perception.

If this suspension cost F$U a chance to play for Nat title then it will have been a major $$$ issue that probably could have been averted with proper oversight.

You may not be able to oversee players at bars but the student union?

I think we are rapidly approaching a point where there is some push back about these PC suspensions. Pretty soon someone is going to use the racism word to say that black players are being singled out and persecuted for some of these things. There will be statements like these type statements are acceptable in their culture and they shouldn't be forced to act "white". Its gonna be fun if it happens.

I think just the opposite. The MORE MILLIONAIRES that are created of people who mistreat women, refuse to act civilly in public, and tip $.20 the more of these athletes will be brought down.

People want their heroes to be "role models" ESPECIALLY when children are the audience. If college athletes cannot meet that standard they will cease to exist.

I think we may be going towards semi pro leagues/minor leagues (like baseball). I am in Charlotte and if you think those UNC grads are satisfied with the way UNC is running sports you are mistaken.

These athletes are at UNIVERSITIES and the power brokers will only TAKE SO MUCH. In the NFL it was the Gov of Minn that stepped in and said ENOUGH with regard to AP.

We will see but there may be some changes coming.

College football makes something like a billion* dollars per year. The "power brokers" will only care when that number shrinks significantly. No minor league is going to undo that.

And fans care about role models only so long. You know what gets you more goodwill than being a good role model? Winning games.

*not an accurate number

I think FSU is still doing the right thing, they deserve credit for it. Do you think Richt would have suspended Gurley for an entire game against SCar or Florida or Awburn?

In the good old days, football players used to be able to get away with anything.

revenge-of-the-nerds-1984-revenge-of-the-nerds-11734857-950-534.jpg

Back