Fan turnout this year???

We don't need a return to the Days of Dodd. The stadium is basically the same capacity as it was in 1960. The population of the metro area is many times greater, and the number of people in Macon, Savannah, Columbus, Augusta, Rockmart, Tallapoosa, Chula, and Commerce has greatly increased. With just a slight increase in interest, this should be a slam dunk, The present attendance figures are an indictment of how our marketing has been for decades. While Atlanta and surrounds has been the fastest growing human settlement (PBS) in the history of the world, our attendance has continued to wane. And, yes, I get it. Falcons, Braves, Hawks, United, plus several college competitors. It still seems the numbers are there.
I am not suggesting things go back to the 60s, but it would be helpful to cultivate fans outside of the metro area

I am not suggesting things go back to the 60s, but it would be helpful to cultivate fans outside of the metro area
I agree, and that should be easy to do. There are so many more potential fans out there than 50 years ago.

Look at individual ticket prices on stubhub. You will see a definite increase in prices even for "not so important games" That tells me the turnout is going to be strong at least for the beginning and if we can win some games and gain momentum we will definitely see a difference.

Stubhub always has over inflated prices this far out. Always. I stopped using them for advanced buying.

I have no evidence. I heard it on a Frontline documentary on public television ten or twelve years ago. Shirley, PBS wouldn't lie.

They would, and stop calling me Shirley.

Back