Favorite coach?

carmex

Jolly Good Fellow
Another thread today got me thinking about something. Other than CPJ, of course, who is your favorite ACC coach? And favorite non-ACC coach?

I don't have a lot of familiarity with him yet, but so far I gotta say I like what I hear from Al Golden. Not sure what it was, but even before our game against Miami he had earned my respect.

Non-ACC I'm not as sure about, but maybe Chip Kelly. Really most of the ones I can think of I kind of dislike.

While we're at it, feel free to toss out your least favorite coaches. I expect that Dabo, Beamer, and Richt will probably top most people's lists. Coincidence that those are 3 of our biggest rivals? :cool:

I know I'm going to catch pure hell for this one but I'm an honest dude so here it goes:

Nick Saban

ACC: Al Golden, I respect what he did at Temple and the fact that he is trying to clean up Miami

ACC: Mike London

Non-ACC: Dantonio from Michigan State

While we're at it, feel free to toss out your least favorite coaches. I expect that Dabo, Beamer, and Richt will probably top most people's lists. Coincidence that those are 3 of our biggest rivals? :cool:
I've got no problem with Dabo.

I was never a fan of Tommy Bowden @ Clemson, but I kind of like Dabo. At the very least, he's fun for us to watch.

Beamer whines too much.
Richt is at UGAg
Les Miles.

Charlie Weis was on the list.
Also, RichRod. Never a fan of that guy.

ACC Dabo

Non ACC Saban

Least favorite

ACC - O'Brien

Non ACC - Chizik, Kiffen, Muschamp, Petrino

I only like Paul.

But Nick Saban isn't too hard on the eyes either. Oh, and I guess he's a pretty good coach.

ACC: Frank Beamer
NCAA: Les Miles
the bait is cast
Least Favorite:
ACC: Mike London
NCAA: Nick Saban

ACC: Dabo, he's handed us two really great victories and only beat us once.
CFB: Leach, because he's a gun slinger outlaw with an offense that I'd really like to see return to college football.

ACC: Beamer, shoot, the guy made the pie chart
CFB: Kiffin, could have a reality TV show he's got so much drama

Another thread today got me thinking about something. Other than CPJ, of course, who is your favorite ACC coach? And favorite non-ACC coach?

I don't have a lot of familiarity with him yet, but so far I gotta say I like what I hear from Al Golden. Not sure what it was, but even before our game against Miami he had earned my respect.

Non-ACC I'm not as sure about, but maybe Chip Kelly. Really most of the ones I can think of I kind of dislike.

Al Golden? Are you ööööting me?

Dude is a douche of the first order.

ACC: Dabo, he's handed us two really great victories and only beat us once.
CFB: Leach, because he's a gun slinger outlaw with an offense that I'd really like to see return to college football.

ACC: Beamer, shoot, the guy made the pie chart
CFB: Kiffin, could have a reality TV show he's got so much drama

:rotfl:

Al Golden? Are you ööööting me?

Dude is a douche of the first order.

haha maybe so. Like I say, I haven't heard a lot from him yet, but the presser I saw and half-time interview, I dunno, he seemed like a good guy.

ACC: Dabo, as stated earlier, he's handed us some good wins
NCAA: Joe Paterno, I grew up in PA

least Favorite
ACC: Frank Beamer, Big time VT football began and ended with Michael Vick. Before that, Beamer was nothing.
NCAA: Lane Kiffin, yeah that guy's a grade-1 Douche-bag.

ACC: Grobe
Non-ACC: Tedford probably

HATE:
ACC: Beamer
Non-ACC: Obviously Richt, followed probably by Petrino

Back