FCS Season

jacket67

Dodd-Like
...starts this weekend. I was thinking that the spring schedule would result in a little more TV coverage for them, but it doesn't appear to be the case. I guess basketball will be dominating during their games. I actually wouldn't mind going to a KSU game, but with only 20% capacity being sold, it looks like the only seats available are some premium $90 table tickets.

BigDanT

J. Batt Fan
...starts this weekend. I was thinking that the spring schedule would result in a little more TV coverage for them, but it doesn't appear to be the case. I guess basketball will be dominating during their games. I actually wouldn't mind going to a KSU game, but with only 20% capacity being sold, it looks like the only seats available are some premium $90 table tickets.
What’s to stop a school like tech from playing an FCS team this spring? Not saying they should.

Olgoldandwhie

Flats Noob
So, one game is a higher risk of injury than 4 weeks of spring and several weeks of preseason practice?

FatJacket

Helluva Engineer
Cheap skake

The Jacket

The Coat
This is the first time there's been a good reason to pay for an ESPN Plus subscription. Still not enough, but it is a reason.

edit: Watching Wofford beat down Mercer right now. Mercer's QB just got decleated.

The Jacket

The Coat
The broadcast quality is trash (the Wofford-Mercer game is an ESPN broadcast with ESPN graphics but there's no down and distance on the scoreboard) and the talent level is clearly not spectacular, but I am glad to have spring football this year. Wofford has been dominant all day, up 31-14 with 2 to go in the 4th, but the game has been fun despite not being close. I think I am gonna follow Wofford's games and keep tabs on the SoCon this spring.

The Jacket

The Coat
I think it's gonna be awesome. Like the XFL except without the cheesiness aspect.
I almost wish this could be a regular thing now, but the FCS schools would lose a fortune with no money games and the FBS factories likely would pitch a fit over losing their cupcakes. Georgia would probably fall apart if they could no longer schedule Clarke Middle School the weekend before Thanksgiving.

swampsting

Now with incredulous facial expression
For scouting purposes, KSU starts next week.

jts1207

Memes posted are not fact checked for accuracy
When’s Carson Numan get going?

CornerBlitz

To be the man you have to beat the man
The broadcast quality is trash (the Wofford-Mercer game is an ESPN broadcast with ESPN graphics but there's no down and distance on the scoreboard) and the talent level is clearly not spectacular, but I am glad to have spring football this year. Wofford has been dominant all day, up 31-14 with 2 to go in the 4th, but the game has been fun despite not being close. I think I am gonna follow Wofford's games and keep tabs on the SoCon this spring.
Mercer’s defense wasn’t bad, but offense needs a lot of work. New coach in his first year. Hopefully the bears will turn it around. I’ll be watching this spring, probably even go to a game if I can get in.