Finally Back. Thoughts from Saturday

Buzz4Him

Flats Noob
Had a great time Saturday. The tailgating in the Management lot was tremendous. Here are my thoughts on the game:

1. Rhino is a great weapon. He shortened the field for the offense. Instrumental in the 31 2nd qtr. points.

2. Suggs has a good touch on his passes. He knows when to thread the needle and when to put air under it.

3. 49 yards of Offense and 2 1st downs in the first half. No matter who you are playing, that is just great defense.

4. Very few stunts/blitzes on Defense. No TE passes, not much option, pretty plain play calling on offense. Putting up 45 points while playing pretty much straight up ball should say something about the team. For those asking about the lack of these types of plays, don't expect to see it until we need to use it. (Clemson)

5. The stadium looks awesome. It is loud. Wasn't much Sat. but I think that was due to us jumping out in front so quickly.

6. Best the field has ever looked IMO. I love the flat field.

7. How long has it been since we've had a TB bust 2 50+ yarders in a game. One was called back on holding, but regardless, Tony will become one of the greats on the flats IMO.

8. A healthy D. Smith, who can compare? What is the over/under on Interceptions for him this year?

9. One change from past years. There did not seem to be much of a drop-off when we put the 2nd teamers in. We still moved the ball on O and stopped on D.

10. Have we ever had a situation at QB where if we lose the starter, we don't have to worry about the 2nd teamer coming in and still moving hte chains?

11. What is the scoop on the recruits there Sat.? Great game to have them at. Watching us totally manhandle an SEC team was priceless.

12. The weather was perfect. Who would have thought that for an August game? Also, playing at 6:00 with the Atlanta skyline has to be one of the best atmospheres for college football around.

Yep, I pretty much agree w/everything that you have said. Good point about the playcalling--if you can line up and pound 'em being vanilla, then why show anything else for Clemson? If anyone watched the USC/Auburn game last night, they interviewed Tubberville at the half and he said that USC lined up in a few formations that they had not seen before and it created a lot of confusion for his defense. I expect us to be able to 'surprise' Clemson somewhat as well.

I think that we all are seeing (and the pollsters will in a few weeks), that IF we can avoid the injury bug, we could have a good team this year.
bigthumbup.gif

Back