Fire Thacker

Yes. I also realize GT, like every other D1 FBS, has its own athletic endowments and resources. There is a such thing as Georgia Tech money explicitly to be used for athletics. The golf team uses only endowment money pretty much.
Good lord. We have devolved the board into athletic funding 101. It is like 2003 all over again.

That must be why the ticket office does so much cold calling for football tickets -- to try to get more tickets sold to football to redirect the money to volleyball. Yes, genius theory you've got there. Here's a ticket to the M-Train, you'll need it.
No, you’re exactly right. My bad. You go ahead and keep withholding payment of football tickets, a revenue-generating sport, which pays for all non-revenue generating sports, and redirect those payments to directly pay for non-revenue sports. That’ll show them. Genius theory you’ve got there. Or better yet…

You: Todd, I disapprove of our football coaching staff. Instead of buying season tickets, I’m going to give you the money I would have spent on football tickets and hand it directly to you to use at your discretion. I sure do hope you’re going to fix football.

T-Stan: Thank you, eh. Goodbye, hoser.

No, I think the GTAA should use analytics (it's pretty obvious when the buyer only shows up for one game every other year) to send ticket prices for individual UGAg tickets on the open market through the roof. If Wally Q. Mouthbreather from Clarke County Correctional wants to sit in BDS and enjoy GT's lack of coaching, fine. Fork over $400/seat for the experience. They're going to be there given the current conditions (UGAg on all cylinders, GT on maybe one or two). Might as well fleece them for everything you can.
Analytics won't work.

Mutt Fans that buy season Tix, sell the remaining Tix for cheap to recoup a percentage of what they spent just to see their Team play because getting Tix to Sanford is much harder.

Those sold Tix are bought by cheapskate engineering alums that want to attend & save money, so those Tix are scanned in as an attended person, therefore your analytics won't deliver accurate results.

No, you’re exactly right. My bad. You go ahead and keep withholding payment of football tickets, a revenue-generating sport, which pays for all non-revenue generating sports, and redirect those payments to directly pay for non-revenue sports. That’ll show them. Genius theory you’ve got there. Or better yet…

You: Todd, I disapprove of our football coaching staff. Instead of buying season tickets, I’m going to give you the money I would have spent on football tickets and hand it directly to you to use at your discretion. I sure do hope you’re going to fix football.

@clapper with the best point made in this argument.

Yep, it's pretty simple. If it doesn't go to football tickets, it goes somewhere else it is productively used in instead. Most of the money goes to whatever sport(s) are doing well other than golf since it's fully endowed. AD Initiative gets a chunk but not a majority. I would try to apply to the athletic endowment instead, but if you try that you'll find in the accounting it gets swept into "Athletic Scholarship Fund" which is essentially immediately burned to cover non-endowed scholarships that season. Not a very endowment-ish place to spend money earmarked for the endowment. But I tried 3 times and all 3 times it got swept into ASF.

For a good laugh here is Thacker talking ahead of the NIU game about how much easier it would be to call plays this year with our Defensive Line being able to create pressure on their own and how he won't have to "hit perfect calls" as a defensive coordinator this year.

I'm trying to decide if this is being a cheerleader or being straight up delusional?

For a good laugh here is Thacker talking ahead of the NIU game about how much easier it would be to call plays this year with our Defensive Line being able to create pressure on their own and how he won't have to "hit perfect calls" as a defensive coordinator this year.

I'm trying to decide if this is being a cheerleader or being straight up delusional?

In his defense he was only able to see them compete against our oline.

Don't need to hit perfect calls if even when you do a busted coverage would negate it.

Here’s a somewhat delusional idea. If Thacker‘s primary problem lies in his inexperience as a defensive coach/coordinator and the Head Clown refuses or is unable to help him improve, search for an experienced defensive mind who will mentor/teach/train Thacker for some short period of time. Start now to find the mind and start the training during the Spring. Pay him $50k per month for several months. Cheaper than a buyout of the Head Clown and cheaper than hiring an experienced DC. If inexperience isn’t the problem this wouldn’t get him up to speed.

Back