First CGC call in show tonight!

So I guess they aren’t going to put these on Libsyn any more? That’s weird and disappointing.

JRjr

It may be me, but if you’ve heard one interview you’ve heard them all.
Change the culture
Protect the ball
Everyone ‘s a starter
Improving every day
One day at a time
Changing the culture
Everyone’s buying in
Position flexibility
Play at a high level
Changing the culture

Did I miss anything?
Is it way too early in the CGC tenure for me to be cynical about his interviews, but I will say that CPJ would often deliver something acerbic or pointed or unexpected.

I'm hoping that once we have actual games and specific opponents to comment on, CGC's will break out a little from the coach-speak box and give us some juice with a little rounder flavor. Like blood orance juice instead of orange juice.

It may be me, but if you’ve heard one interview you’ve heard them all.
Change the culture
Protect the ball
Everyone ‘s a starter
Improving every day
One day at a time
Changing the culture
Everyone’s buying in
Position flexibility
Play at a high level
Changing the culture

Did I miss anything?

Actually, “Everyone’s a starter” has been replaced with ATL I believe. Above the line or below the line.

I haven’t listened to tonight’s show yet, but the first two were so on-message as to be tiresome. “Compete,” “high-level,” the same buzz words over and over. I hope he does great at Tech, but his radio show is kind of tedious so far. Marco Coleman’s guest spot last week where he talked about kicking Nebraska’s butt in the Citrus Bowl and Todd Stansbury’s mullet was more entertaining. :-)

JRjr

I haven’t listened to tonight’s show yet, but the first two were so on-message as to be tiresome. “Compete,” “high-level,” the same buzz words over and over. I hope he does great at Tech, but his radio show is kind of tedious so far. Marco Coleman’s guest spot last week where he talked about kicking Nebraska’s butt in the Citrus Bowl and Todd Stansbury’s mullet was more entertaining. :-)

JRjr
Can't wait til he brings on his brother Todd. Radio Gold!

JRjr

I'm really REALLY hoping that the use of buzz words will necessarily decrease as the culture is established and ingrained. It will hopefully become part of us, to the point that we don't constantly need to hear about it. That stuff doesn't need to be directed so much at the fans. The radio show is actively doing everything they limit negativity directed toward the team and coaches, by practically eliminating callers and taking the cupcake questions from Twitter. Deuce was on the show this week and is worth listening to. I'd like to ask coach, do you ever get after somebody's ass? I would hope he is pissed off at that offensive display against a lousy defense. If he is, he hides it well.

Just got done listening. I'm a big CGC fan so far, but these shows are just not a very interesting listen right now IMO. Very repetitive and very little real info being doled out. I understand being positive and staying on message, but it doesn't make for very entertaining radio.

Just got done listening. I'm a big CGC fan so far, but these shows are just not a very interesting listen right now IMO. Very repetitive and very little real info being doled out. I understand being positive and staying on message, but it doesn't make for very entertaining radio.
I thought the Tashard part was great.

The individual coaches he has with him each week will be the highlight. He isn’t going to say much that is insightful.

Back