First chance to post since getting back from Winston Salem

JTS

Jolly Good Fellow
Random thougts from the Wake Forest game....

It is was a beautiful day for football. Although the forecasts called for rain nothing could spoil this day for the Yellow Jackets.

This was our most complete game of the year. The offense stuck with the same scheme that worked against NC State and built upon it with the reverse out of the option. We had no turnovers. The defense continued to play well and we blocked another kick on special teams.

The final drive of the game that took up about 8 to 9 minutes of game time was awesome. We did an outstanding job of rotating out our OL especially in the second half. Johnson played very well again in relief of Dorsey. At one point, we had Dorsey, Robinson, Reilly, Honeycutt, and Johnson (in place of Wallace) and it was a thing of beauty. I honestly don't know what Wake was thinking leaving Robinson uncovered. I know they usually run three down linemen, but we had about 4-5 plays in a row that we ran behind Robinson for big gains. In summary, the offensive line played really well.

Higgins got replaced at punter. I don't know whether this was because we use a different punter for flop kicks, but I thought I would bring it up.

Are you suppose to tip the Wake Forest dancers? I didn't have any ones and I didn't see anyone else tipping, but I just wanted to make sure for next time.

Holy Jonathan Smith!!! Smith's long TD run after the catch was outstanding and he had a huge game. I wish we were able to spread the ball around more, but hey you can't argue with the results.

Thanks for the report. Who played on the OL this
weekend: Dorsey, Tidwell-Neal, Reilly, Honeycutt,
Wallace, Robinson, and Johnson? Anyone else?

Definitely "tip" the W.F. Dancers. But always remember this, "If you give them the tip, they'll want the whole thing." That's just some good advise for next time.
wink.gif

atljacket,

I believe that the players you indicated were the only OL to play. Robinson and Johnson were used as substitutes with Robinson playing both guard positions and Johnson playing both tackle positions. I think that Johnson should start opposite Dorsey, but I am not sure that will happen.

Getting more OL in the game has been a big boost. It is keeping the starters, not only fresh, but not so overconfident about retaing their job.

Back