First offensive play of the year - what will we see?

JoltinJacket

► Ģŏ ʝąҁʞεɫʂ ◄
Personally, I want to see us come out gunning and send a message like we tried to do against F$U last year. We came out and threw three straight deep balls - the idea was right, the accuracy was off. If we connect on one of those, though, we're in business right off the bat. I'm tired of this "play it close to the vest" offense. Let's go out there and mix it up a little. What have we got to lose?

I agree with what Coach O'Leary did against Syracuse a couple years ago when he ran Joe Frank up the middle about 35 times. He didn't want to show his hand to F$U. We can't afford to that this year IMHO. We have to throw everything we've got at each defense we face this year. That's why I think a little play-action and a long bomb would set the tone nicely when we open up next Thursday. What say you?

running off left tackle
drinking.gif

If Ball Starts I would throw to the back in the flats with a few blockers in front and get 4-5 yards. Get that one out of the way and then good luck the rest of the way. But run off left tackle will probably be it sense that's what we will be doing this year.

Definitely a run to get Ball settled down. It will be one of these two plays.

1) offset I formation, run up the middle
2) Ball on a naked bootleg....get HIM into the game and getting hit usually settles you down.

At that point I start
drinking.gif
heavily and hoping for the best.

You're best off running right up the gut. If you get 10, you do it again. Get 10 more and a pattern may develop. Then it may be a long night of beating up BYU behind our monster sized OL.

If they are gonna play the 3-3-5 you gotta pound the ball in there and get 4-5 yds a pop. Theyll be forced to adjust and the passing game can open up.

No doubt about it, we will test our offensive line and their defensive line immediately. We run somewhere between the tackles.

This is how the first of the game will play out: we kick off to them. They need third and long. Landry intercepts and runs the ball in to score. We go up 7-0.

Father Time

Running or passing, we need a min of 35 mins TOP. As TOP favors running, something wide, the option is back.

Sweep to the strong side. I don't think you even think about passing on the first play with a freshman at QB. Need to let him get his feet underneath him. You will likely see a very conservative offense the first series to allow for that.

Toss to Bilbo, Bilbo takes a couple of steps and passes to an open reciever, play repeats 2 times a game, other teams D is always on the guessing game.

Outside 20 chances are a dive play inside the 20 chances are a bootleg or play action. I'm looking forward to seeing how our O-line plays. Our LT needs to realize he needs to become a team leader and lead this bunch and not worry about personal acheivements at this point in his career. This year will be a total team effort if we are to succeed which I believe we will.

On another note I have noticed the name calling on here and actually think it is quite funny, we are all adults I presume and hope we will act that way. Chan is not going anywhere and I for one voice my support for him and the job he is doing NOW.

Quick question, how many of you would put a pic of yourself on here to be held accountable for your words and actions. I for one would if I new how providing y'all wouldn't throw darts at my ugly face.

How many of you remember #1 Eddie McShan(sp) when Tech was at Mich State, he threw (as I recall) a 67 TD pass on the 1st or 2nd play of the Game and Tech came home a winner. Would like to see the same thing in Provo. An unproven QB, a play like that would set them back on their heels.

Refrig, it would not bother me in the least to put my picture on Stingtalk. I have on several occasions posted my real name.

However, I don't think it would serve a purpose for you, I, or anyone else to do so. Posting our pictures would not keep us from saying the things we believe.

It appears most of the posters on Stingtalk have stated they will visit some of the tail-gating functions at Tech. Both BeeBad and Ylojk8 attended the lunchion on Monday and saw each other.

Father Time

I think we ought to make this a weekly 'contest'. Each week guess what the first play on offense will be. If you've got one in mind and it's already been posted, then give yards gained or lost to make yours different.

I'll play.

First series:

Suggs handoff to Daniels - gain of 3 yards
Suggs sacked - loss of 6 yards
Suggs pass to Curry - incomplete
Punt

Win or lose, we drink the booze....
drinking.gif

Go Jackets!

Originally posted by cropdusterengineer:
I'll play.

First series:

Suggs handoff to Daniels - gain of 3 yards
Suggs sacked - loss of 6 yards
Suggs pass to Curry - incomplete
Punt

Win or lose, we drink the booze....
drinking.gif

Go Jackets!
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Gonna be tough since Ball is starting!!! Unless you just ultimately believe Chan doesn't have the balls to play Ball.

First play: Ball hands off to Daniels off the right side tackle (just because I wanna be different!
smile.gif
for a gain of 4 yards.

Second play: Ball takes a 2-step drop and hits Jonathon Smith just behind the line (split left) for a gain of 6 yards.

All bets are off after that.

Back